šŸ”¶ Mangird TEA (6 BA/1DD)

ya thats what i was going to do, get both and compare, but yes i do just need to spend time with the L3, really get to know what my preferences are. Curious though as to where alot of you guys go next, thatā€™s why in my thinking i ask ā€œwhat can i skipā€

1 Like

Where to go?..I enjoy my sets like I enjoy my foodā€¦sometimes I need homely, comforting and warm, other times hot and spicy, oh then thereā€™s all day snacking lolā€¦add to that equation sources/sauces (see what I did there :grimacing:) and tips = loads of audio fun and enjoyment :+1:

1 Like

haha man sometimes i just wanna perfect the recipe but i totally get it, iems are a harder sell for me to change all the time, i guess im just wanting the all day snacker lol,

FiiO FH7 is a good allrounder, with 3 interchangeable filters that tweak the treble response, comfy fit with a DD that hits hard and fast but not sub deep, it has a circa w sound sig, with good mids and treble, the mid/treble timber is a tad off but not offensively soā€¦I could happily listen to them all day long covering many genres without issue :+1:

2 Likes

perfect, i am gathering a collection but still looking for that unicorn, ill add these to the list, thank you sir

1 Like

We have a thread about them on here :+1:ā€¦

1 Like

I have the FH7 as well. In comparison to the Tea, I prefer the Tea. The FH7 is on the brink of too much treble for me. The FH7 sounds very nice and sounds more detailed than the Tea. The Tea has better sub bass and sub bass impact, and the Tea has a more natural and coherent balance than the FH7.

I enjoy both. For longer listening sessions and a more balanced tuning = Tea. Detail, as more treble = FH7.

3 Likes

I was in the same boat as you are. Iā€™m not looking to build some big collection of different types of IEMs, Iā€™m just looking for a couple that are good and accurate.

I agree with ohmboy that a good next step up for you is the Fiio FH7. Theyā€™re a really solid, agreeable, and technically proficient set from a reliable manufacturer. They sit at a real nice place with price to performance where the next step up from FH7 is Andromeda-tier.

The Tea is interesting but itā€™s hard for me to recommend any of these smaller Chi-fi upstarts for much because of all the issues these firms are having with QC and unit variance. Itā€™s just much more of a gamble with these firms than it is with more established brands. It is quite possible that the Tea could be better than the FH7, but are you sure youā€™re actually going to get it?

2 Likes

I forgot to mention, the Fiio FH7 build quality and extras are awesome. I also LOVE the fit of the FH7. The cable that comes with the FH7 is the nicest cable I own. The tips and carry case are awesome as well. The FH7 is how I was turned on to Spinfit tips!

Yeah, thatā€™s a big benefit of the FH7. The tip selection is great, especially for beginners.

Based off of your impressions, Iā€™d probably prefer the sound of the Tea to the FH7. The downside of the FH7 is that it puts out a bunch of treble detail at borderline irritating levels, and some of that detail is tuned incorrectly. Iā€™d prefer less detail if it were tuned better and was more comfortable in the highs.

Despite that, I would likely still lean towards the FH7 to recommend, even if the Tea is a bit better and a bit less expensive. With the FH7, you can buy it, get it, and return it quickly and easily, and you can be assured that youā€™re gonna get what everyone else got. Canā€™t really say that about the Tea, where itā€˜s more of a gamble Iā€™d say.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t agree more! The Tea is a much more pleasing sound overall compared to the FH7.

1 Like

i do like the fact that its a known manufacturer and i totally get that, ive read alot of horror stories with some of the chifi brands, but not much on the Teasā€¦i guess its just the option overload and fomo, like i know im going to have to try for myself because its all so subjective, thats why i tend to focus on sound characteristics more. Really should be asking what peoples baseline is. Idk, just glad returns are a thing

ya im finding out im definitely sensitive to highs, more so that i thought, and just knowing it has a sub bass focus is whats attracting me, i listen very loud so treble is always a concern. But i do agree that highs are so different from one guy to the next, decisionsā€¦

i have my first purchases from linsoul coming this week, shipping emails seemed fast and legit to me, but yes the return policy and time definitely has me on edge, it really will be a test i guessā€¦

Linsoul is legit. Everything I have ordered have come with DHL (to Estonia) and very fast. Customer support answers quite fast as well.

@PapaEmeritus
are you using stock cable with the Tea? Just wondering would it sound even better with a copper cable :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am. The stock Tea cable is really nice. Almost as nice as the FH7. I am not a believer in better cables sounding better unfortunately, but I prefer attractive cables that feel comfortable and donā€™t tangle.

I have been a BIG headphone guy for a while. The IEM addiction is a new fun thing for me. I was never happy with the bass or sub bass from headphones until the Fostex TR-X00. I fell in love with it instantly and wanted to know how far I could take its tuning. I spent a lot of time and money researching and modding my Tr-X00s. I bought a bunch of them and ended up modding the hell out of them until I was able to find the best sound signature for my liking. During this venture, I realized the internal wires that connect the cable to the headphone drivers is the thinnest cheapest crap wire you could imagine! My stomach actually turned. Weā€™ve been spending all this crazy money on cables that supposedly do something magical to the sound of the headphone when there is a wire inside the headphone that is essential and it is complete garbage. Think about this the next time you want to drop serious money on a cable.

wire

6 Likes
4 Likes

Pretty good review, pretty much on par with how I feel about them, but i donā€™t have a higher tier iem to compare with. These are tip picky for sure, but once you find a good seal, these iems are really good.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not heard that IEM but the review seemed like a well rounded and coherent appraisal of themā€¦I like reviewers that make sense lol :+1:

1 Like

Yea lol, little slow but he said the right stuff haha