šŸ”¶ Mangird TEA (6 BA/1DD)

Nice.

For foam, Iā€™m using Comply and Dekoni.

1 Like

My Impressions of the Mangird Teas:

Pretty balanced iem, but with nice bass separation and depth, it gets bumping when called on. The Mids are right their, with natural vocals being very present. Treble is smooth unless its a crashing symbol or
something. Imaging is splendid. Great seperation of instruments. Bass here, Guitar there, and vocals are there in the middle, all directing you on your audio journey. Soundstage is top notch for IEM, nice and wide. Pleasing and accurate. There are times where Iā€™m smack in the middle of a jam sesh. The Teas are song/recording dependent, but not in a bad way. They arenā€™t over critical, but not luke warm. You are gonna get whats thrown at you and the Teas will show you all of it.

I used dekoni mecury foam, and the foam tips provided. Both did pretty good, but stuck with dekoni. Silicone tips just felt weird. they either went in too far or just felt clogged.

Build is pretty good. kinda bulky but pretty light. The cable it comes with is very nice, and 3 different tips seem decent quality. Comes with a spacious metal and rubber iem case too.

Used on the ifi hip dac with 4.4mm, and for you bass heads, the bass boost is incredible with these. On the Starfields and OH10s i rarely used it. But the the Teas i used it 75% of the time, very good. Doesnā€™t bleed into the mix hardly at all.

So a highly recommended iem if you like a balanced, neutral sound with a bass boost sound.

8 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts! FYIā€¦ I am using the stock large silicone tips (black) and itā€™s working fine. I have a feeling the DD & vents need to break in.

1 Like

7 Likes

Wow hooked these up to the Erishā€¦so good! More clarity overall. Listening to ā€œMonks Dream - Take 8ā€ - Thelonious Monkā€¦i can hear clicks and snaps of the drums and strings :sunglasses: these iems are sweet

2 Likes

Glad owners are chiming in. love this set

5 Likes

I have YOU to thank for this set Chris! Thank you, thank you thank YOU!

Just wondering where you would go from here? Just different flavors?

4 Likes

IER- Z1R you know this lol

2 Likes

OKā€¦ Where do we go from the Mangrird Tea, and not have horrible fit issues! :wink:

Thieaudio Clairvoyance or Thieaudio Monarch maybe? Are these steps up beyond the Mangird Tea? I canā€™t imagine anything getting much better than what Iā€™m hearing with the Mangird.

4 Likes

My first impressions are extremely positive. A wide sounding IEM, does not sound harsh, vocals seem quite forward which i like. Will give them some burn-in, though not sure if they need it.
Weirdly those tips that were on, blue-ish silicons, fit my ears perfectly. Have not even tried Comply tips (or any other) yet :stuck_out_tongue:

One other weird thing - on Linsoul webpage it says MMCX, but mine clearly are 2 PIN. Luckily I did not order any replacement cables :smiley: Sent an email regarding this to Linsoul too, hopefully will be fixed (on their page). Also mentioned that I have many MMCX cables which I wanted to use with the Tea - maybe they will feel bad for me and gimme a voucher or something :smiley: :rofl:

5 Likes

The MMCX was a complaint from some, so they have since changed the connection to two pin. I believe anyone ordering from June on will have the two pin connector.

1 Like

Thanks for the trust!
Next step is watch a flooded market start to get thinned out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You guys are killing me with all the optionsā€¦ all my research is leading me to these

spring 1
legacy 3
teas
solaris
etymotic
final

main use case is wanting the all arounder, btr5 or usb dac, ipad, ugh

1 Like

Iā€™ve been asking myself same exact question , and recently discuss with my friend about this. IMO TEAā€™s sound reproduction, clarity, etc, etc, etc is fantastic and i said that if i can find a sets that give me significant SQ upgrade to TEA, then it will really blow my mind.

Now iā€™m eyeing on Clairvoyance because i want a tribrid in my arsenal (and hoping that this is the upgrade i seek), and from the graph i expecting Clair to have same sound signature as Tea but with more powerful subbass (but dont know yet how lower response at 9-10k on clair, compared to tea, will effect in sound). So I will wait until it get a diamond from Chris (In Chrisā€™s ear i trustšŸ˜†) and make sure no QC problem before i buy it.

Until then, i will enjoy my tea.

3 Likes

so is the sub bass sufficient on the Tea? im wanting a good all a rounder but main focus is sub bass (mostly electronic music)

2 Likes

Sub bass is pretty good and separate. Nothing super bassy but well done. I wouldnt say its the main focus but pretty close. Basicaly the teas are an all rounded with focus on bass and mids, smooth trebleā€¦almost like a balanced neutral, slight w sound sig

2 Likes

This pleases me thank you

1 Like

Sub bass on the Teaā€™s wonā€™t wow you. Itā€™s present, but not overwhelming. If youā€™re looking for something that hits a bit harder with the same type of soundstage, check out the ISN H40 and use Azla Xelastec ear tips for a 3D-like experience.

3 Likes

nice thank you,

Agree with Bmn1251 and Choco Bear, IMO Tea is def not a basshead gear, but the bass is still there with subbass punch and slam with tight bass and more texture rather than fun boom-boom-boom (cannot find other word for thisšŸ˜†).

I also old school EDM lover (Avicii, Alesso, SHM, Daftpunk, Hardwell, AVB, Calvin H, etc). For EDM, TEA IMO give me more ā€œHi-Fiā€ sounding EDM rather than fun boomy bass, where due to its clarity, this give more great mids and sparkling treble with better imaging.

To put it in the context, some highlight i found:
-Daftpunkā€™s Giorgio by Moroder (love this track) min 8.05-end -> IMO TEA will give you realistic drum sound, with punchy bass from kickdrum and slam from snaredrum, with clear overall sounding you can hear and easily follow all other layer of sound, catchy electronic melodic sound, electric guitar, violin background, 4string bass, crashy sparkling cymbal, all with great sounding and not overwhelming each other

• Avicii TIM album, because of good its recording i think, i get enough boomy but tight bass from this album with clear and great realiatic sound of instrument, electronics and vocal, and with good amount of volume, i can imagine myself in the middle of a club.

however, if i purely looking for fun super punchy and boomy bass for edm, i will prefer more using basshead set.

2 Likes