šŸ”¶ Mangird TEA (6 BA/1DD)

What made you choose the H40 over the Mangird?
May you give a little comparison?

Have you tried this mod?

1 Like

I favor the H40ā€™s based on the music I primarily listen to (hip hop, EDM, and funk). The Mangirdā€™s are unique in that the signature changes depending on the music youā€™re listening. To me, they bounce from sounding cold and analytical then to warm and inviting. The H40ā€™s maintains its warmth no matter what track Iā€™m listening. Also, the Mangirdā€™s are extremely tip picky. Foams are good to go on the Teaā€™s, but I prefer silicone and they require a deeeeeeeep insertion to sound good which I didnā€™t like.

2 Likes

That was actually one of the first things I did when I got them earlier this year. Iā€™m kind of a weirdo in that I will remove the mesh on all of my IEMs that have a wax guard/mesh screen to see how they perform. I can attest that the H40ā€™s opened up substantially and became more coherent with screen removal. I never replaced mesh because of how good it sounds. If I did, I found some mesh guards on AE (see below) that I can throw on.

Also, the author of that post said this, ā€œ5 minutes tricks change your $200 IEMs sounded like $500 ones, goes from $300 sounds. Seriously.ā€ I personally would never make these claims, but I share this sentiment :100: especially if you use Xelastec ear tips.

2 Likes

Sounds exotic. Too bad it seems they are only on US amazon

You can get them off of Ebay in the UK but way too expensive imhoā€¦

Yeah that is a very big claim, but I do trust that guy and his reviews. He mods a lot of his stuff (including the BQEYZ Spring 1).

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure where I posted this, but hereā€™s a photo comparing the density of the H40 screen (on the left) vs. KXXS. Hardly any light is shining through the H40. Why you do dis ISN?

1 Like

LOOOOL, I had no idea what that thing was. Turns out it was just a damn flashlight :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

they also available on Amazon Japan

+1 This is the only thing that bothers me about the Mangird. I can finally wear silicone tips with them but they have to sit just right in my ear or I still get the horrible suction in my ear or the bass disappears because the dynamic canā€™t move because of the pressure.

This is the only IEM have this issue with. I do have fit issues with the L3 but not the suction problem. Hearing the H40 doesnā€™t suffer from this issue and sounds as good as the Mangird if not betterā€¦ Iā€™ll be in heaven.

The sound is so good on the Mangird, itā€™s worth fussing with tips until I get the right seal with no suction.

I wish more reviewers would discuss if an IEM has this issue or not. Iā€™ve never heard someone talk about this issue. Itā€™s REALLY annoying!

3 Likes

can finally wear silicone tips with them

Are those the azla tips? Mine are coming tomorrow to try, Iā€™ve only been able to use memory foam

I never brought up the fit issues because my ear holes are a bit of a challenge. My right ear hole is smaller then my left, so Iā€™m presented with issues more often than not. However, I will say out of everything Iā€™ve put into my ears, the Teaā€™s were the most finicky to find my happy place with.

Never had issues with the H40ā€™s and used my default medium tip left and small tip on the right with wide, narrow, and normal bore silicone ear tips. Foams work fine as well, but Iā€™m just not a foam guy.

1 Like

The Azla tips work, but you gotta make sure you get the right size for your ears obviously. My issue with the Azla tips are that the silicone is thick/dense and doesnā€™t deform easily compared to other tips. They hurt my ears after a while because they donā€™t give enough. I love the bore hole size though. It helps with sound stage size but I find it reduces bass punch.

The stock Mangird tips actually work really well, the ones with the milky transparent silicone That is some very soft silicone, and I like how the tip is shaped.

My preferred are the Spinfit CP100-M.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B793SLU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are still quite picky about getting the seal just right and not getting the suction. The seal isnā€™t the problem, itā€™s sealing without the suction, so thereā€™s two things you gotta worry about.

I think the dynamic in the Teaā€™s need time to break in. When I first got them, the suction was horrible. Silicone tips were impossible to use. My brain was getting sucked out my ears! If you like foam tips, the Mangird has no issues with foams, but personally itā€™s full sonic capabilities shine with silicone.

1 Like

Lol yea i feel yea, for some reason just my left ear is like this. Ive tried smaller tip in my left, but no luck

1 Like

Iā€™ve never removed the mesh guard from any of my IEMs. So you highly recommend I do with the H40? Is it made to be removed and replaced or is it likeā€¦ Once itā€™s removed itā€™s never going back on?

Did you listen to the H40 with the mesh on? Was it a night and day difference? Thx!

You and me both! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me it was definitely night and day. Hold off on the Xelantecā€™s and use the stock tips just so you can hear the sound signature as intended for a few hours (or however long it takes you to get acclimated with the sound). Once you remove the mesh and add the Azlaā€™s, you may not want to go back to stock.

1 Like

Damn, totally hi-jacked this thread. Someone start up an ISN H40 thread! Iā€™m stuck in a Zoom meeting for the next two hours.

1 Like

Am I allowed to just ask if anyone is interested in buying my pair of the Mangird Teas or is it not allowed? I donā€™t wanna start something that isnā€™t allowed.

you can post here :slight_smile: