šŸ”¶ Mangird TEA (6 BA/1DD)

So do both Tyler & Andrew. Tyler went on to kind of ā€œtrashā€ the Utopia in front of Crin (his highest ranked headphone). Like I said, things got uncomfortable with differing opinions for a bit. Was interesting to hear and made you really question Crins reviewing capabilities.

Saving your money is always a good thing, especially with how fast things change in this hobby. FWIW, I think my money was well spent on the Tea. I happen to really like the tuning, and am amazed at the holographic imaging.

I respect Crinā€™s opinion, and love his graphs, but Iā€™ve learned that his and my preferences are not aligned. Mine are much more similar to BGGARā€™s.

4 Likes

I just received my Mangird set. These are one of the most tip picky IEMs I have tried. Iā€™ve only had these for a couple days but have tried different tips. For now, the sound is leaving me wanting a bit more. Vocals and mids in general are quite forward and natural sounding. However, Iā€™m finding that percussion and bass are quite back in the stage. Is this just me or do these benefit from a bit of burn in time?

Great questions.

Iā€™ve had my Teas for months now and Iā€™m still struggling to enjoy them without getting inner-ear suction. When I first received them, attempting to use silicone tips was impossible. The suction was horrible and the DD just froze up, so there was no bass.

I had to use foam tips to allow them to breath.

Eventually, they must have broken in enough so that I can now use silicone tips. Because of the deep insertion, you may have a difficult time finding tips that seal properly and donā€™t seize the DD. If youā€™re hearing no bass, thatā€™s probably what has happened.

The Mangird has a sub bass focus, so very deep portions of the bass frequencies are going to be exaggerated. This in turn opens up space for the mids and highs to breathe. The Mangird is not a bass head IEM. If thatā€™s what youā€™re looking for, there are better choices.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply. Iā€™m now using Spinfit CP145 with the Teaā€™s and donā€™t have any suction issue. This set responds quite nicely to EQ and am beginning to enjoy them more now. I like the sub bass focus. I also have Ikko Oh10; which has more prominent sub bass than the Teaā€™s. In that respect, they are similar but the Teaā€™s present the mids closer but sound more open to my ears. I was also having issues with separation but I think itā€™s getting better. Iā€™ll give them more time.

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome to hear! Congrats. Very happy I could give you a rec that helped.

Iā€™m a BIG fan of Spinfits, both for comfort and sound.

You know what MON I think ur right just sold my Blessing 2 i canā€™t listen to them long enough although the technicalities are great lol! I just think that I do like more the starfield(Harman curve)in general since I can listen to them long enough and that BA timber that I hear is just disappointing

I mean the blessing 2 is pretty harman iirc. But it more sounds like you are wanting a dynamic or hybrid with a harman tuning, but a bit less forward as well

Based on crins website the b2ā€™s FR is diffuse field(which i hate)
Thereā€™s something about single DD, Harman tuned( a little bit relax on the upper midrange, very good technicalities, Like Starfield
Iā€™m done with multi BA, Hybrid, for now lol,Starfield just hits all marks for me
My past iems(drop jvc,fh5,ikko oh10,tin t2,blon03,blessing 2,Legacy 3)

Ah my bad lol, I was thinking of the og blessing, yes I do think the blessing 2 was more diffuse field when I got to demo one, but I didnā€™t get that much time with it

Well there you go lol

I listened to the FDX1 and I found it so clear, coherent, and natural, but a bit bass light, lacking rumble for my taste. How do you compare that to your favorite, Starfield? I am still looking for a bass boosted FDX1 that is not more expensive than the original.

I listened to the FDX1 and I found it so clear, coherent, and natural, but a bit bass light, lacking rumble for my taste.

Out of curiosity, what are you using to drive the FDX1? Mine sounds a bit too lean off my phone and dongles but with iFi hip-dac or Lotoo PAW S1 they add the warmth that I love (if youā€™re willing to turn on their bass boost you can achieve even more warmth and rumble).

A slight bass eq particularly around 200 to 300hz helps alot with warmth and stuff like bass guitar. I also slightly increase sub bass just because I wanted a touch more kick, but the eq is not requires on all tracks, just depends on the recording and my mood. Fdx1 is very good tho!

Edit when I say slight I literally mean 1-2db

I used Magni 3. I ended up returning it, because I could not justify the money on an IEM that, as good as it is, I did not find fun enough. Also the fit was a bit weird for me, some sharp edges kept rubbing against my ear, and the weight made me keep readjusting it. My Legacy 3 is not on the same level on clarity or tonality, but it was what I kept reaching for. I hope the new Fiio FH3 is something on the middle of those two, with more clarity and more natural tone that the L3, but with more bass and better comfort that the FDX1. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

My fdx1 sounds amazing on my lg v30 and atom stack,the only reason i sell them is because of fit,but for sound i like them as much that i like the starfields.FDX1 have better imaging and soundstage and detail than starfields BUT for edm and hiphop? nah! Unlike starfields which is very all rounder and relaxed etc.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still amazed every time I listen to the Teas. I havenā€™t found a music genre that doesnā€™t sound great on these Mangirds (granted, itā€™s not the best at all genres of course). Iā€™m really enjoying orchestral music. There is just such amazing instrument separation, resolution, and imaging. The timbral representation of acoustic instruments is also fantastic. Definitely one of the best of any BA containing IEM Iā€™ve heard thus far.

If I could change two things with the tuning, I would boost the sub bass by a few dB, and also boost the 5.5KHz dip by a few dB. That dip does make for a more pleasant sounding IEM, thatā€™s not harsh, but at the cost of some clarity and detail unfortunately. Micro detail retrieval is not one of the strong points of the Tea.

5 Likes

do these need burn in and if so for how long?

I thought they sounded great right off

I liked the sound of the Tea right away, and havenā€™t noticed any significant change over time.