šŸ”¶ Mangird TEA (6 BA/1DD)

Well, snake oil is one thing. The appreciation and desire for beautiful looking and feeling cables, that are constructed very well, is a different thing. As long as youā€™re not pressured into purchasing the item b/c someone told you your IEM will sound like crap w/o it.

1 Like

:flushed: I didnā€™t know this existed. I knew about the Dunu but not this IEM/cable package. Is that the Dunu Hulk? Oh well, at least the RC-LE and the FH3 will both be Fiio branded.

Iā€™m coming to you before I buy anything in the future! :metal:

1 Like

It is the Dunu DUW-02 cable. (It ā€œonlyā€ cost 80 usd so you could just buy that separately.)

1 Like

This is the way to go. Iā€™ll probably get a few of them for some of my other IEMs eventually. MMCX only? No two pin?

Do you know if it comes with the additional connectors, or if you have to buy them separately?

EDIT: I found the 2 pin at Linsoul.

EDIT: It appears the additional connectors do not come with the cable. The DUNU LYRE has an option with all the connectors, but itā€™s just about the same price as the Fiio LC-RE.

Yeah, you need to buy the connector adapter separately.

I guess it allows you to save money by not spending the money on a connector you dont use.

1 Like

ordered this for the Mangird. Forgot to select express shipping though, so it might take a while :smiley:

2 Likes

Crinacle save my money again for real

So he has SO MANY iems in that ranking list. C tier to him can be an A tier for others. Especially when you look at the price ranges of his higher ranked iems. I would feel that spending less than 300 on the Teas isnā€™t necessarily wasting your money. Just food for thought. Im pretty happy with the teas at that price point.

1 Like

Donā€™t want to rag on crin for too much, but alot of his higher end ratings/reviews is hobbled because he only uses an ifi idsd micro bl, and while that is a good amp and is good for consistency, some of the flagship iems want either different or higher quality amps hence why some imo top performers are rated lower than I would expect and see others rate them imo. Not exactly applying here prob but just something else to note about his ratings

2 Likes

I have to agree with this. A thing to remember about Crinā€™s (or anyone elseā€™s, for that matter) list is that context is everything. Per Crinā€™s own disclaimer, his list is based on both his own personal tastes as well as what he believes to be ā€˜objectively bestā€™. There are a ton of things he has in the top end of his list that, at least for me, are beaten by things he has lower in grades and opinion. Based on what I have owned, his list isnā€™t a great guide [for me, personally] because I get far more enjoyment out of things he thinks are ā€˜mehā€™ to ā€˜okayā€™ than things he places higher or with the star system.
tl;dr, YMMV and your happiness is all that matters.

1 Like

Iā€™ve read some things that do not make me trust everything he says. He has some biases. Even reading comments heā€™s made about headphones & IEMs I own, I have disagreed with him. I have also listed to him talk live on podcasts. lol, some ZMF owners want him lynched!

On the other hand, he is a reviewer with a lot of experience and his opinion should be respected. Just remember, we should always take the words of a reviewer not as law, but as opinion.

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t recommend trusting everything someone says to begin with lol

I mean there isnā€™t anything wrong with creating a personal ranking system and having preferences as a reviewer, thatā€™s something you should have. But at the same time be open with those preferences. Again my main complaint with his stuff is the lack of care for pairing and synergy but other than that, if your views and preferences align with his then that can be helpful

Oh why is that lol?

Absolutely true

2 Likes

If you watch the first Headphone Show podcast Crin was on, Resolve (Andrew) and Tyler had serious issue with their ranking of their favorite headphones. Needless to say It got weird, and it got uncomfortable. Tyler tried to play it all off but you could see he was very upset with his ZMF rankings.

Other ZMF fans Iā€™ve spoken to donā€™t agree at all with his rankings or his opinions, and these are just the ZMF fanbois.

1 Like

Just wondering what was the ranking? Personally I would rate the aeolus/atticus lower than a 6xx or 600 lol so thatā€™s prob not something many would agree with (and donā€™t have to agree with, itā€™s my opinion, donā€™t really like that headphone at all) while I really enjoy the rest of their range like the eikon/aut and vo and vc. Also I mean when you go on a podcast with zmf fanboys isnā€™t that to be expected lol? If you are ranking favorite headphones that would be pretty specific to the person, I donā€™t see why people would get torn up about that

He rates the open Verite a B- while he rates the Aeolus with suede perf pads an A=.

As someone who didnā€™t even know who ā€œcrinā€ was until a few months ago (look, Iā€™ve been away from the hobby for years), his foundational take that things like build quality donā€™t matter is a disqualifier FOR ME. I mean, I donā€™t give a ratā€™s *** how good something sounds if it is built so poorly it is constantly down for repair/replacement. I do appreciate his published graphs for sure though. I need to throw him a donation for that at least.

1 Like

What lol, thatā€™s really strange. Again wonder if thatā€™s amp related. Also really strange since I know he really likes the utopia, and the verite shares some similarities tbh

Anyways, back to the tea lol

I think thatā€™s what Andrew and Tyler were trying to get at with him. They gush over the Verite and compare it with the Utopia quite a bit. Andrew was even wearing the Utopia during the chat. So to see Crin attempt to talk his way out of that was interesting.

Just goes to proveā€¦ This hobby is all about subjectivity when giving advise.

1 Like

I used to prefer the verite to the utopia, but now that I have spent more time with a utopia I recently sold of my vc and I much prefer the focal, but both are great headphones and I donā€™t think either are bad, the utopia for me when you give it the right amps is a bit higher tier but on less than ideal amps I prefer the verite. But they do differ in key ways and can see how one can like one and not the other if you are picky

1 Like

I agree. I want to hear if there are comfort issues with a product. Resolve (Andrew again does a fantastic job with his reviews. Iā€™d personally take his perspective over just about any reviewer out there. I like how he tries to take a technical and factual approach to his reviews. His reviews arenā€™t littered with his opinions, although he will touch on his tastes, but he does it tastefully.