šŸ”¶ Mangird XENNS UP

I have and currently own both. Donā€™t have notes directly comparing the two though and unfortunately theyā€™re both out on tour. What I can say for sure is though they graph similar theyā€™re drastically different sounding IEMs from the bass to the treble. If you have a specific questions Iā€™d be happy to answer if Iā€™m confident with my thought and not being able to directly A/B currently.

4 Likes

Well, I just want to know how different is the sound signature of Meteor when compared to UP.

Like I mentioned before, the UP checks almost all my requirements for a good IEM.

*Solid and Tight Bass
*Weighty Vocals that sound pretty Natural
*Treble thatā€™s not harsh but does not sound dull
*Good amount of detail
*Above average Imaging and good soundstage depth

The only complain I have is that I like a wide soundstage and the UP falls slightly short in this aspect. On some rare occations, I feel like it could use a bit more air in the Treble region.

I recently tried a couple of IEMs at an event and some IEMs like Campfire Solaris Stellar Horizon, Vision Ears EXTā€¦ sounded better but they are way out of my budget so Iā€™m hoping to find an alternate at a lower price.

Around the price of UP, I tried FH7, IE 600 & Advar and they all donā€™t sound as good as the UP to me. The FH7 does not seem like a big upgrade over the FD5 that I used to have. IE 600 has good soundstage width, airā€¦ but Bass is lacking and itā€™s a bit sharp sounding sometimes for my tastes. Advar has good vocals but everything else falls short of the UP, itā€™s DD does not seem to be as technically capable as the IE 600ā€™s.

1 Like

@VIVIDICI_111 I never tried EQ with the UP, not because Iā€™m a purist but because I suck at it and since most EQ implementaion seemed to degrade the sound quality a bit but, I gave it a try after watching your review (6 dB Low Shelf at 100 Hz in UAPP) and itā€™s pretty fun, definitely punches way harder than before. I actually think itā€™s a bit too much for me and so reduced it to +3 dB but thanks for the reminder to use EQ.

2 Likes
1 Like

hello,
i heard the xenns up on danā€™s channel. It was love at first hear. Checking the price it is evident to me that I cannot afford it. Can you help me choose a similar iem in a budget bracket?
thank you.

1 Like

Thatā€™s literally my thing, friend. Just go to my upgrade matrix and itā€™ll help.

1 Like

Sir the problem of viewing the entire sheet is still persisting. THe sheet is missing scroll bars and cannot be slided or zoomed .

1 Like

For me it works perfectly fine on the computer (after some loading time)

1 Like

please advise how to

Your feedback would be helpful to help me see where I can make adjustments to viewing issues

1 Like

Works fine for me on a MacBook pro but loading time is a tad slow and I keep getting this at the bottom right of the screenā€¦I understand but it keeps popping up every time I zoom in or out :man_shrugging:

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 13.55.32

2 Likes

Using it from a windows computer and do not get this message.
All scroll bars are there and no issues apart from the slightly long loading time

1 Like

I think this is a sharepoint issue compatibility with mobile devices. I could not scroll horizontally even if I zoom out the furthest. I tried to flip my phone horizontally and was able to zoom in on the right side of the sheet but was successful only on one instance.

Also weird to see RSV and Xenns UP in one place :grin:

2 Likes

Yep, I would say this is the biggest fail point. Iā€™m not able to reliably make settings for a spreadsheet this big, that will be good for viewing on a smartphone.

I do highly recommend using a laptop/PC to view the spreadsheet, even if you canā€™t use it at your earliest convenience

I may try, at some point, to switch the spreadsheet to google docs and see if that helps. But I prefer working on the sheets in Microsoft excel, so thatā€™s why itā€™s there currently

3 Likes

I only ran into the problem when my browser was too narrow.
I was using Chrome on Windows 11, and got the error going from full screen to a smaller window.
When I made the browser window wider it worked fine.

Boy howdy do I get the ā€œcannot afford itā€

Of Gooberā€™s Warm-Neutral, I own the Hola, Z300, and Galileo. If you are looking for a budget set, I highly recommend both Hola and Galileo. I enjoy the Z300, but it isnā€™t the most resolving IEM. I would also put the Kailua in this group. Goober labels it Bassy-Dark, but it is brighter than the Z300 to my ears.

Of those Kailua and Hola get the most listening time for me.
I do like Galileo for gaming, but I donā€™t use it a lot for music.

I compared my UP to the DTE900 and happy and sad to say the latest Sound Rhyme is a improved UP.

Cleaner mids and a tad more est energy without harshness.

Its a lovely tuning for UP lovers
If ypu love the UP but were wishing for a bit more resolving mids and treble I highly recommend this one.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve loved the UPs tuning from day one and it has only grown further into my soul over itā€™s time. You had me really excited at first. Then I read further.

This would strip some of the greatest appeal UP has for me. Itā€™s an absolute blast and killer for my library at how forgiving the UP is to recording quality. I didnā€™t realize it in the beginning of my journey part of why UP clicked with me in so many areas. Many IEMs later and almost two years I can say with confidence that one of its key aspects is just how unresolving it is. Iā€™m still very curious to hear the DTE900 one day even without the UP comparison.

3 Likes

Just throw a 25ohm impedance adapter on it and Voila super mellow but bottom end is fierce. The cuve looks like 11 in the graph but top end is more relaxed and very smooth.

2 Likes

Do you have any ear time with DTE500? I didnā€™t find it offensive just nothing special about it. Wonder how the 900 compares and if it brings any special sauce to the table.

1 Like

I didnā€™t listen to that one I heard the 500 as described the same nothing engaging