đŸ”¶ Mangird XENNS UP

I mean that’s pretty difficult to put into words.
Some people like to use theatres as examples.
So things like the Mangird tea would be like you’re sitting in the middle of the band - like literally in the middle of them and they’re singing and playing to you.
Whilst the UP is like being in a theatre, positioned like a few rows back and up in the auditorium.

But I mean, you really have to experience it for yourself, because for example, what if you only listen to ambient music - this won’t mean anything to you :stuck_out_tongue:
I suppose if you put a track that you know in the chat, someone can listen to both; I can’t anymore as I only have the Teas but others will :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah you answered me, dont wanna bother people, guess ill find it out soon (i hope) enough!

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And we’ll be looking forward to your opinions :smiley:

3 Likes

Variations vs EJ07m vs Xenns UP.

Winner gets to try a shot vs a TOTL iem: Teas :joy:

5 Likes

Someone already listen to Kinera Norn?

Today reading about the Norn, make me think Xenns Up and Norn can be similar.

I’ll have a go. But my take on how “distant” these sound is naturally going to be different from @Purplezorz and yours (different libraries, ears, age - yeah I’m old), but I don’t find them to be that distant on most tracks. Sure, the mids are not presented as far forward as the Teas but for me they don’t get lost. As the other guys have touched on the tonality - for me at least - really hits the spot, although I have hit a couple of tracks where the bass is a touch too much (bizarrely, not the tracks I thought it would - Fun Lovin Criminals Scooby Snacks where I thought hmm that’s just slightly too much). What has also surprised me is the upper mids and treble - probably down to the EST, but as this is my first tribrid I could be talking crap, what do I know lol - and how good certain female vocals sound. For example, I find Alanis Morissette can sound a bit grating, but on the UPs I’ve kind of re-discovered Jagged Little Pill :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: .

Cable is ok but feels a bit meh, but all good now I’ve swapped it out for a Xinhs graphene 4-core.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input :slight_smile: I’ll make sure to test them well when they arrive :slight_smile:

Look forward to your take on the EJ07m in the shootout.

1 Like

If fedex hadnt messed it up, i’d have it ny now. Monday it is.

1 Like

I’ll try my best.

Moondrop Dusk has quiet mids
IER-Z1R has far-away sounding mids (pushed into background)
The Xenns Up has loud mids that are forward sounding, so what’s the problem?

The issue is something weird with timbre that is an audible suckout near the 150-300hz region I guess, which is where the throatiness or strength of human voices come from. Missing a forcefulness or emotion component of singing. The Beryllium bass driver might’ve taken this region for itself, and the Sonion mid BAs were physically dampened with a filter or crossover.

The result are somewhat
 wispy vocals.

Of course this is all blind guessing and I could well be wrong. Maybe it simply needs more driving power
 then the Up might be one of those deceptively hard to drive iems.

After some experiment
 it does actually benefit from more powerful sources.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to hfgf :slight_smile: glad to see a known name around here :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I can understand that and I was kinda expecting that. Looking forward to see what UP does avout more thinner female vocals.

Im looking for UP as a fun set. An extra set and not an all rounder. Hope I enjoy it and customs dont troll me so I can hear it soon enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s certainly a fun set.

The warmness + EST makes it nice for classical music. I’m gravitating towards my violin and piano solo collection. The engaging presentation makes them more entertaining to listen to. When an iem helps you rediscover your music, it is a good iem.

It is quite nice having these when I want to listen to music while getting some work done.

2 Likes

Uhh, I like that. I usually listen to iems during work so I know what you meant. Great to know :slight_smile:

Gotta try them with classical then!

Yep, this.

2 Likes

Truth

1 Like

Xenns UP - Unboxing

What’s in the box?

• Comes with a 2.5mm to 0.78 2pin silver cable. Ok quality, nice looks. Doesn’t beat a good aftermarket cable and chinslider doesn’t work;
  • Box contains one 2.5mm TRRS female to 4.4mm TRRS male adaptor;
  • Box contains one 2.5mm TRRS female to 3.5mm TRS male adaptor;
  • Box contains one 3.5mm TRS female to 6.35mm TRS male adaptor;
  • Airplain adaptor;
  • Carrying PU leather box;
  • 3 Sets of KZ starline tips;
  • 3 Sets of Silicone tips;
  • 2 Sets of Foam tips (S and M);
  • Warranty card.

Cable (personal) note: I don’t like this adaptor system since I use everything 4.4mm or 3.5mm. Basicly, if I wanna use stock cable, I always have to chain it. Also, if your amp is 6.35mm only, you’re going to end up with the following chain:

I’d love to see Mangird step up on their cable game in the future, to be honest. They’ve proven on Tea’s revision that their cables could use some more work. UP’s cable is an upgrade over Tea’s, for sure, but I still think there’s margin to improvement here for sure. I’m not even asking for a modular sytem or anything fancy, just for a simple freedom of choice. Would be pretty easier to just be able to choose what termination you want on your cart. This is just a personal nitpick since I like the looks of the cable and this isn’t a budget set, but I’ll end up using another cable for reviewing/carry around. At the same time, it’s still far better than most of stock cables I got to date.

12 Likes

So excited to hear your listening impressions for this one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sound. View. When. :rage:

Almost done, my darling.

Been writing it all morning (instead of working). I’ll try to get in some tracks that are different than other reviewers as well, for instance, you already have classic rock and stuff covered by @hawaiibadboy so I don’t need to point those so much.

3 Likes

thanks honey!