Massdrop GRACE SDAC BALANCED

The Optical only will run at 24/96 Hz is it also suppose to run at 24/192Hz ??? It shows up but wont work.

pic

What happens if you select 192 and hit apply?

Also if you are using windows you could use usb with the usb 2 setting and a driver to go to 192 if needed

If I apply it and try to play music or any sound the little white light on the dac turns red and I get a little static. Don’t know if its broke or not. The USB 2.0 works fine on it just wondering about the optical stuff.

So try and set the rate to 192 and then apply. Then restart the computer and see if it works normally on startup. Also what program are you using to play sound?

Programs are Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music and any videos. I’ll try a reboot on the computer.

I would say that if a reboot doesn’t work to keep the 96khz, it just might not work (has nothing to do with the sdac, just the computer). Another thing to consider is that it seems that you don’t have any music in that high of standard anyway, so tbh there is no need to go any higher then 24bit 44.1 or 48khz

Reboot did nothing… 96khz is fine just wondering if anyone had 192 working on theirs.

What does your supported formats tab look like? Are all the boxes checked? Also make sure to disable anything in the spatial sound tab

If I check 192 khz it still kills the dac.

Untitled

Really? What do you mean by kills?

The red light kicks on when sound is pushed through and switches back to white when no sound is pushed.

I would say that your pc is having problems outputting a readable optical signal then. Pretty sure the red means is getting a signal, but not a usable one. So I guess you won’t be able to use optical at 192

I had s similar with the Schiit Modi 2 Multibit. I got a higher quality fiber optic that fix the problem.

Hi guys. I have a question. Is this dac warm? I have 1 month with it. I I started using my iPhone 8 with the apple dongle to feed my liquid spark. I found out that when I used my pc with the sdac>LS the bass and mids sound boosted. With the dongle>LS it sounds clearer. Obviously the sdac have more detail and definition but the the combination of LS and Sdac May be making my music to warm.

I think it’s because it’s putting out a stronger signal, and it allows the liquid spark to show its warmer character. The output of the dongle is most likely not as strong and it makes it sound more clear because it is not letting the bass fully come through

What is the standard voltage levels of most DAC outputs anyway? My mixer’s RCA outs (which I use to feed my headphone amps) are rated up to 2.451 volts, which I know is definitely on the hot side, but I don’t know how hot it is compared to the output of audiophile DACs.

I mean it can be all over the place for an unbalanced out

@M0N have you used the atom and the LS? I am waiting for my thx 789. I think I don’t like the warm LS I would like to compare them to the atom. But I think I will not notice the difference between the atom.

So the atom is going to be more inline with the thx being very clean and transparent, and fairly uncolored. Typically I say that if you want clean and transparent that really doesn’t change the sound, the atom is the way to go, and if you want a little more warmth and power, the liquid spark is the way to go

Thank you. How about the sdac compare to other dacs. Uncolored?