Matching Triangle Comete Ez

Recently aquired a pair of these gorgeous speakers and i am trying to determine what amplifier I would like to pair with them. Any suggestions for sub 1k?

What country are you in, and are you looking for JUST a power amp, or do you need an integrated amplifier? Do you already have a source/DAC ready to pair with them? What distance/size of room are you going to be at in your listening position? Just want to narrow it down to help us get you the best recommendations.

I have a dac, purely power amp needed, have my RME ADI-2 DAC. Room is about 12x14, and is sound treated.

1 Like

Handling states 80w and although the impedance is 8 ohms, the minimum stated is 4.2ohm so I’d go for something specified to handle 4 ohms myself. Unless you have other specific needs, if I were you, I would reach out to @Gruntslayer and see if he still has that Ncore from Audiophonics available. Otherwise, anything 80-100w @ 8ohms (but rated to go down to 4ohms) should do the trick, and I’m sure others will chime in with good recs.

It has unfortunately been sold! I may look into getting that same amp, its not a kit is it?

It is made/assembled in France by Audiophonics. They are available in either Balanced or Single-Ended (I assume that you’ll be running balanced off of the RME ADI-2). If you want something else, they also have other Hypex and Purifi modules/builds availble.

Balanced: AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S125NC XLR Stereo Class D Power Amplifier NCore 2x125W 4 Ohm - Audiophonics
Single-ended (RCA): AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S125NC RCA Stereo Class D Power Amplifier NCore 2x125W 4 Ohm - Audiophonics
or if you want more juice at a higher price (same series of modules) (250w @ 4ohms, 150 @ 8ohms)
Balanced: AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC XLR Class D Stereo Amplifier Ncore 2x250W 4 Ohm - Audiophonics
Single-ended (RCA): AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC RCA Class D Stereo Amplifier Ncore 2x250W 4 Ohm - Audiophonics

Since both Triangle and Audiophonics are French, you may even want to reach out to them if you’re unsure which to go with. I have one of the MPA-S250NC RCA which I use to drive my Polk LSiM 703s, and I absolutely love it! One thing to note: when I ordered mine, I ended up getting it with a Euro-style power cable so you may want to contact them ahead of time and see if they can provide one for US AC outlets. If not, a new one is just a couple of bucks (I had a spare one laying around so it was no issue for me).

Went with the AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC XLR Class D Stereo Amplifier Ncore 2x250W 4 Ohm - Audiophonics, cannot wait, it’ll be here Monday!

1 Like

I hope that you enjoy it as much I do mine! I bet those Comete Ez’s will really sing!