"Our latest project NEZHA will be released shortly ! "

1 Like

Some early impressions here

BTW if you donā€™t, consider following superchonk this guy deserves more likes

3 Likes

SR

1 Like

This is the Enigma?

Some pretty massive changes from the switches, which isnā€™t always the case!

1 Like

Probably yes.

Soooo, got the Prestige LTD. On their own they are good but lack the wow factor of MEST mk2. Had just few minutes of listening though. Will listen more over the weekend but initial impressions areā€¦ meh

2 Likes

Another few minutes in and few further observations. I think mest mk2 isnā€™t great for metal, not bad either, because of how this genre is produced. Prestige ltd on the other hand handles it better for some recordings (didnā€™t have much time to listen more). The bass has a tad more texture, guitars more presence and cymbals less harshness. When listening on UM mest mk2 (other than metal ish genres) you are ā€œinsideā€ the music bubble (which is super awesome), the prestige on the other hand sounds more like listening to speakers (ish) which I think feels more correct for metal.

1 Like

Soon a review of metal music and other genresā€¦

:airplane:

5 Likes

Based on the graphs, I got Kiwi Ears Quintet to compare to Thieaudio Prestige ltd (my latest purchase). I do not give a sh** about the price here.

The former sound really, I mean really mediocre in comparison. Thin, shallow, narrow, artificial.

The latter sound better, fuller, more defined, deeper but still not ā€˜realā€™. The timber gets metallic, trebles digital and bass sometimesā€¦ muddy?

Iā€™m not an expert but Thieaudio Prestige Ltd is disappointing. Not by being natural or laid back, witch I was after.

They work for metal but youā€™ll end up convincing yourself they are great because of the price.

4 Likes

ā€¦and back to good musicā€¦

I hope youā€™ll get the Hype2s soon and throw some impressions here because the Prestige Ltds are growing on meā€¦ comparing to other earphones they sound dull or boring in direct A/B comparison althoughā€¦ more ā€¦ correct? The video you have shared sounds more impressive or fun? on quintets (more V shaped IEMs) but also tiring and lacking substance and midsā€¦ production Iā€™m guessing.

The ā€˜problemā€™ with this topic is always the production of the specific recordings (and your hearing capabilities, IEMs fit, etc.)

1 Like

have fun :wink:

1 Like

Old but goldā€¦ One of the best vocals in the genreā€¦ A masterpieceā€¦

Progressive/Heavy/Power metal.

The HYPE2 have not yet shipped from Linsoul because they are on pre-order. When I get there I will do a review with some genres and subgenres, not only metal. I donā€™t expect them to be flagship killers, but I think theyā€™ll be good IEMs, maybe for e-music, and I listen to a lot of trance, psytrance, drum&bass/jungle, progressive trance, EDM, old dance, etc.
I doubt the isobaric DD with the speed of extreme metal, but weā€™ll see. Thieaudio have very good tuning at the top, but the hardware ā€¦ mmm !! This is the reason I stay away from expensive Thieaudio IEMs. I think Prestige is more for monitoring, studio work, mastering.
Iā€™m also looking forward to the DTE900, as a fun and technical tribrid, I guess at the top of my collection.

1 Like

Hello! :metal: Welcome to my topic and to HFGF. I posted Deceptionist above. I agree about the technical power, this is one of my favorite bands. If you know more such groups, you can share them here!

:fire: :fire: :fire:

:ok_hand: :person_cartwheeling: