Metal music thread & IEM for it

I’m sure you’ll know this track already…but one I keep coming back too.

There’s a cymbal sound that’s pretty much ever present throughout the track holding meter whilst the technical guitars do their thing. I’m always listening out for how forward that cymbal sound is on different tunings. The dynamic contrast between a deep kick drum and cymbal is heavenly, I imagine IE600 can work well on this.

1 Like

Also did you ever catch this hbb review vid on JQ Audio White Knight? It was a little while ago but he gave it a solid rec for heavy metal at the time

1 Like

I made a quick reference for you with IE600 and DTE900. Although this is not the best mastering of Animals as Leaders, on the DTE900 the cymbals sound more dynamic, with a bit more dynamic contrast. But the IE600 also represents them very well, with a slightly better timbre. I didn’t have time to listen on the M7, but in general, this is it.

1 Like

Yes. I know about them. They were expensive, around $1,700 a few years ago. They are now discontinued.

1 Like

1 Like

:fire:

:grinning:

1 Like

On an unrelated google search recently, I couldn’t find anything I was looking for because the group’s name took up all search results :laughing: but then I stayed for the music :+1:

1 Like

Great. I will download them on FLAC. We might do a ranking for the most brutal album or band. To me, this below is off the charts in brutal aggression bordering on disgusting - from the sick cover art to the music, lyrics and sick vocals:

Enjoy… :grinning:

2 Likes

2023 best metal track for me. if the kick drums were punchier and snares didn’t sound this muffled and dark it would be just perfect.

1 Like

I have now downloaded them to FLAC and will listen to them critically. They’re too melodic for me, but they’re definitely a good band. I start listening because I’m done with my work for today :slightly_smiling_face: :love_you_gesture:.

1 Like

Interesting…

1 Like

Such a banger… Persefone Lingua Ignota: Part I

2 Likes

Persefone never disappoints. They play in a different league and every album is a masterpiece. And this one is out of this world. :hammer:

1 Like

Yeh…brutal. Very brutal :hushed: If I went to a live show, I might appreciate better. I caught this track off a promo but enjoyed the song and melodic style. Will continue to follow for recs as I learn this genre

2 Likes

Yes, I listened to the album. Very good, definitely a contender for album of the year. But apart from the drum section, the guitars also sound with little density, unconvincing. The riffs are very good, but I don’t really like the mastering. I listened to it with 5 IEMs (IE600 and DTE900 show all the flaws of the record) and come to the same conclusion. But they are good, really. :zap:

1 Like

i only liked the 3rd song tbh also the first song wasn’t bad either. all the other songs are mid.

1 Like

One of the best IEMs I’ve tried for ultra-fast metal - bright, no sibilance, with superb resolution and a stage well above the price. The timbre is to die for. Very underrated by folk who listen to fast music, maybe because it’s a bit brighter. Ultra fast and linear bass, punchy and correct, without any bleed in the mids. The resolution beats many hybrids and tribrids at a much higher price point. And it only costs $169! :notes: :innocent:
This almost came off as a review hahaha…

3 Likes

200w

What is it?

1 Like