Metal music thread & IEM for it

Like Slayer…, almost :grinning: :nerd_face:

1 Like

Masterpiece…

3 Likes

Experimental jazzy metal by a Chinese guy spoken entirely in ancient Greek. You heard that right. Now give it a listen.

2 Likes

:rocket:

2 Likes

DTE900 + Orbit Culture =
giphy (1)

These guys a mostly in there seventies now, but this new release proves they just refuse to slow down and act their age! I love them.

5 Likes

Ah Nija - great album!

2 Likes

:grinning:

3 Likes

:ok_hand:

2 Likes

:metal: :dancer:

1 Like

Best iem for metal under 100?

1 Like

I don’t have many IEMs like that, maybe @Rikudou_Goku can help you :slightly_smiling_face:

Goku’s target is truly exceptional for metal. I usually use it when I’m equalizing, but I’d like to know which IEM is more suitable without having to equalize much.

Castor Black with the UUDD configuration is quite impressive. QKZ HBB is fine as well, just like the classic Blon 03 (also my personal favorite due to its emotional value), but none of these offer technicalities that impress, let alone stand out. Perhaps the Blon for soundstage and tonal accuracy, aside from its incredible timbre.

Considering the level that €100 IEMs show today in terms of technicalities, I would like to know which one is the most suitable for metal while maintaining a good level in this regard. The Simgot EA500s are absolute beasts in terms of technicalities and sound impressive in almost any genre, but in metal, they feel a bit thin to me.

1 Like

If you like my target then you should like my Rikubuds. (Saber 3 for rock/metal.)

otherwise this is the closest iem to my target at sub 100 but the QC is crap…

3 Likes

LOL…

6 Likes

It is not Riku level bass, but I enjoy the Artti R1, which is my current favorite under $100. It is a 3DD one beryllium and two titanium, which is a great mix.

I tend to agree for budget the Castor black, and Kbear Rosefinch are the big winners if you want lots of bass. The EA500 can be modded easily with some tape over a vent, and get some big bass out of it ( I keep meaning to do that now that I have the LM ).

I tend to think the big stage sets are a too bright for metal. More accurately metal at moderate or more volume. I tend to think of the stock Olina, Simgot EA500 and the LM all in this group. I think the Olina SE is best bass of those tunings under $100, but they are all very similar, and none are great for metal.

4 Likes
5 Likes

:ok_hand: :star_struck: :hammer:

1 Like

Brutal Death Slam Metal

:grinning: :frog:

4 Likes

TECH Death TIME

:open_hands: :1st_place_medal: :trophy:

1 Like