🔶 Meze Audio Alba

This is the official thread for the Meze Audio Alba

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: In Ear
  • Amp needed: Comes with a USB-C to 3.5mm Dongle
  • Driver Type: 10.8mm DD

:red_circle: Meze Audio Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

3 Likes
1 Like

lauched at a very attractive price point considering the brand Meze and also comes bundled with a dacamp :slight_smile: good start up pack for a newbie

1 Like

The $159 Meze Audio ALBA boasts one of the most enjoyable bass performances for an entry-level IEMs. It offers balanced tuning that covers every frequency range well, producing a musical and fun sound. Its design and build quality make it ideal for long-term use.

Review here: https://headfonics.com/meze-audio-alba-review/

My youtube homepage is spammed with the Alba it’s ridiculous. Never seen such madness.

5 Likes

YouTube is flooded and it looks like Alba is the FOTM

1 Like

That’s so ridiculous and makes me not watching a single Alba review…fuck that :smile:

5 Likes

It is and I heard it at the recent event as well. HMMMMMMM pretty decent for the price, although i feel midrange is a bit extra recessed from what i personally prefer.

1 Like

From what I have heard the Alba review units were out 3+ months ago, so most of these reviews were likely filmed a while back, and they were just waiting for the embargo to end.

The graphs look like fairly typical Harmon tuning. The price of $159 seems meh, but the dongle DAC is likely worth something. My suspicion is that the Tripowin Kailua with a Fiio KA11 would be a competitive set to this, and would be about $60 less.

I assume the target audience is folks new to the hobby, and the DAC is a perfect inclusion for those folks. I have heard that people love the fit on the Alba, which is an under-rated feature of any good IEM. There are IEMs that I like the sound, but hate the fit, and just don’t listen to as a result.

1 Like

Meze Audio Alba Earphones beautifully crafted for the discerning listener!

#earphones #iem Headphones #MezeAudio

I run from the FOTM IEMs. I wait until the dust settles and then make a decision. That 6 kHz peak plus my significant sensitivity at 6 kHz also has me balking. I am an outlier.

It was mentioned somewhere that the Alba has a relatively stubby nozzle. That is another wait-and-see item for me.

1 Like

I am also holding off jumping on the hype train unless I am getting to listen to these myself. @gadgetgod didnt had a great experience with Alba on the first listen, saved me some spendiing

2 Likes

Its fun. Very unaudiophile but fun. Makes even the worst mastered music sound wonderful. Interestingly without the dongle is kinna makes it sound like a better tuned advar.

@MRHifiReviews havent seen your vid yet but how is it for the decernting listener since it strips all the flaws and querks out of songs.

1 Like