Meze Empyrean one of the best sounding headphones

Take a look at the Rinaro Driver, its a piece of art. They machine cut an aluminum block to make the housing for the drivers. Everything about this headphone is well thought out, Well engineered and to top it off it has a great end game sound that matches the utopias. There is not much to pick at except the price point.

The Empyrean would be cheaper if it didnā€™t involve two different companies.

1 Like

It was hard to get a nice seal on the test head so i had to hack it and use a rubber band. Just FYI

2 Likes

Between work and home I have headphones on 6-10 hours a day. I have about 15 pairs ranging from $20 Kossā€™s up to $1300-ish LCD-XCs and Focal Clears in the same range with the vast majority falling in the $300-$600 range. There are things I like about each one, and things I donā€™t. Combined with DACs, amps, and DAPs, Iā€™ve easily spent over $10k in the past 3-4 years chasing the sound I was looking for. I can get there sometimes with the gear I have, but there is usually a tradeoff. About a year ago I started considering flagship headphones, where I never would have entertained the idea before. I totally get the reservations someone would have spending that kind of money, but most people I know donā€™t or canā€™t use headphones as much as I do. Iā€™m alone in my office area 6 hours a day, and at home I have a terrible listening room for a decent speaker setup-lots of corners, low ceilings, etc. I wouldnā€™t spend this kind of money on headphones if I hadnā€™t heard them before and knew I loved the sound and comfort for extended periods of time. Most of my friends use earbuds for phone calls or when they are at the gym, and donā€™t really care about sound quality. They think Iā€™m crazy. Iā€™m ok with that. I donā€™t make enough money to make a purchase like this on a whim, and wouldnā€™t have chosen these headphones without a lot of thought and cost vs. value consideration.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve heard of people refinancing their homes for audio gear.

He doesnā€™t look famous.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen that man in my life

5 Likes

Meze Empyrean Black Copper is on the way

7 Likes

Looks pretty sweet

2 Likes

I meant it will be available in short time- not that I have ordered

2 Likes

These headphones have been ranked #1 on the Master Switch website for best high end headphones for a long time. the technology that went into the drivers intrigue me. I would love to hear them. Are they dark headphones?

Darker than some of the higher end headphones actually, but not in a bad way whatsoever

1 Like

Just received my copper version and they look real good.

4 Likes

May you give us some pictures?

1 Like

Yes! (Please) :grin:

yeah when my kid gives me my phone back.

3 Likes

They updated their website with the copper option and it looks phenomenal.

1 Like

Bloom Audio has the copper in stock in the US. I think they look sweet, but I prefer the gunmetal

1 Like

5 Likes

Leh Dayum!