Meze Rai Solo IEM

He digs the 99 and LOVES the Empyrean. Don 't know about the IEMs.

They were tough for me to love, but they have a place. They are clean and dry sounding. They are very energetic in the lower treble so as long as you your ok with it or can fix it, they are a very pleasing set. They have good dynamics with eqed bass and punch etc. But again not my favorite initially. If you can deal with the crappy cable and potential fit/looks problem the EX800st is the better choice for the price. The spring 1 peacock is similar and more pleasing out of the box with a fuller sound, but Iā€™m still looking at it and doing back and forths etc.

EDIT: I am still so confused, like they are efficient so Iā€™m lowering my listening volume and swapping tips again. Deff s detailed sound tho. SMH sorry, Iā€™ve been useless on these. :frowning:

1 Like

Okā€¦I will now do a full review this week. Sorry everyone as treble can really make and break a set for me. I do not have buyers remorse now that I found the secret. My ES100 pulled it,out for me! :smiley: I love this set now, but I will refuse to recc without EQā€¦ Stock double flange with the Eq below and I love!!! The driver really shines just the damn tuning for me was not doing it.

Edit: came to the decision, while listening to midnight(yaz) at midnightā€¦go figure :wink:

2 Likes

Eff that previous eq, dropped 4k by 5 to 6db straight from the v20 and my god do these things resolve. It fixes the overly metallic sound as well. This IEM is for those who are older, with some hearing loss around 4k, or those who want a bad ass driver to eq. Seriously gonna have to do some back to back videos tomorrow on some recent sets.

Side note, I think anything more than 10db differemt in amplitude starts messing with my ears so this one was just a wee too spiky and Iā€™m reluctant to eq normally, glad I did with this one :smiley:

EDIT: GOD I HATE THIS IEM!!! LOL So Iā€™ve been tackling it wrong the whole time. I boosted 60 by 2db and 230hz by 1db to fill the sound out more and I reduced my listening volume on my V20ā€¦Perfect! Now the upper mids donā€™t seem sucked out or piercing. The imaging on these bastards is top notch, and it is a superior to my tapes. Get azla tips for these as well, Xelastic work greatā€¦

3 Likes

These are 100$ off on the meze store. Iā€™ve got an IEM itch that the blon bl-03 did not scratch. ā€¦what to do.

these are on sale all over for 150$ right now

At your own risk, they are sharp sounding. They are great in build and looks tho. With eq they can shine.

Cheap Audio Man reviewed these:

1 Like

That 4k peak kills them for me. Amazing technicalities for them tho. Glad he enjoyed them! :slight_smile:

I enjoy my set as well, for ā‚¬150 I find them good value. As he was saying not all music is great on them but when you find something that works they are worth it.