Micca Origain is susceptible to static shock

So I found this out the hard way. Touched the volume knob, felt a mild static shock, and poof, the amp was dead. It’s a shame because until this happened, I was VERY happy with the amp. Never had this problem with literally any other electronic device I’ve ever owned. Really hope Micca fixes the issue in a product revision.

1 Like

That sucks! Must be internally grounded for crap. Who doesnt ground the shell in this day and age?

is that the G2, the thin one? Zeos has one of those. Its a DAC/AMP for 100$ How does it sound?

I don’t know why but sometimes I’m a static shock machine, lol. Just unplug it from everything for a while, and it should be ok after that.

• My recording interface is enclosed in metal. I already touched it, static shock, and it shut down. Had to wait a bit, power it powered it off/on once or twice, and everything was fine after.

• My Logitech G27 gaming wheel shut down when I touched the metal part of the shifter. Unplugged it from the PS3, plugged it back in, still works.

Also unwittingly gave my poor cat a lot of static shocks when touching his ears or nose, lol.

Do you have low humidity in your house?

The OriGain is a speaker amp, the OriGen G2 is a headphone DAC/AMP.

I just started using my OriGain, hope this does not happen to me…