▶ MiniRig 3

motherfucker already ate something. i discovered him stuck at the hip trying to escape from my tunes this morning :sweat_smile:

guess i’ll just have to starve him

:+1:

I designed a stand to direct a Minirig 3 forward. It’s small enough to fit in the case. I sell them on Etsy if anyone would like one or I could design something custom.

2 Likes

If you ship to the US I’ll be hitting you up later!

I ship worldwide :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Resurrecting an old thread to say that these speakers, or the set that I bought at least, are very poor quality. I think I got a faulty pair of minirig 3s – i.e., won’t play audio through cables from a source reliably, won’t pair in stereo mode when cabled, and literally blew out my laptop’s soundcard.

The soundcard is obviously the worst part (well, the worst part was when support lied and assured me that it was impossible for this to happen, and then backtracked when I told them I’d consulted some electrical engineers who said this absolutely could happen). Not interested in paying 25% import fees to send them to England and re-import them, so it’s either sue them for the damaged laptop and get a refund on the speakers (also not too interested in going through that) or just eat the cost.

Obviously, this is not the case with the majority of Minirig speakers, but it happened with mine, and support didn’t even do so much as offer a refund, let alone a replacement soundcard, and lied to me directly about the capability for the speaker to damage electronics by sending voltage out of the 2-way port. I sent them a detailed message indicating what I’d done to troubleshoot, including a factory reset, and their only suggestion was to literally follow the steps I’d already said I’d followed. Shady company and a dangerous product IMO, although the battery life etc. on working speakers is impressive.

Fair warning!

I have no experience with these, ut thanks for sharing. It’s always good to know both sides, pros and cons, of any product. Having gear/products not work as they should always sucks, but having them damage your computer is rough for sure. I wish I had something better to say than “That sucks and I’m sorry you have to deal with it,” but that really does suck and I am genuinely sorry you have to deal with it.

Also, welcome to HFG! I hope you stick around and enjoy it here.