▶ MiniRig 3

This is the official thread for the MiniRig 3

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Portable
  • Powered: Yes
  • Wireless, small, with lots of features and sound

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

lol I knew this would be up! I would have bought them when i saw the price, but it was only one item xD Didn’t know i had to get two :3

Not super familiar with them, but I’m pretty sure you don’t need two, two will just be a bit better experience

1 Like

Yeah lol, i knew. It was just a way of speaking

After succumbing to Zeos’ hype (which most likely will happen again sometime in the future), I took the plunge and ordered a pair of the Minirig 3’s.

This was probably stupid as I already have two DiamondBoxx bluetooth speakers (a Model M and Model L) and don’t even really use bluetooth much because all of my source devices are Apple products (no LDAC or AptX HD :frowning:)… but I digress.

Been playing with them as a stereo pair for a few days now. They are actually quite impressive with acceptable sound quality and the ability to fill small to medium size rooms more than adequately. The bass is surprising from such a small package and sounds very good at moderate volumes. Placing them on the floor as Z recommended and letting the sound bounce off a wall yields the best results. For traveling these will work quite well for listening to music or watching a video or movie on a tablet.

Are the Minirigs worth $180 USD a piece? Maybe yes… maybe no. If I had just purchased one I’d say probably not. The sound is good but not all that much better than other Bluetooth speakers at the same price point. As a pair, given their small size and the ability to spread them out to create a wide soundstage is where they shine. I can only imagine adding a subwoofer or two for 2.1 or 2.2 stereo would only make them better.

1 Like