Mjolnir Carbon CC SE vs Headamp BHSE

Considering getting another electrostatic amp, looking for something mainly solid state or hybrid in the case of the HeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE. Currently have a Woo 3ES Elite with Takatsuki TA-300B & TA-274B and Sylvania VT-231. Would be using it with the Shang Sr., Senn HE60, Stax 007mk2 and 003mk2, as well as a ESP95x. I have already heard these amps, but I don’t have a whole ton of time with them, and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on either one, just curious to see some extra thoughts on them (or if anyone has any good recs as well, mainly would prefer solid state and balanced in)

4 Likes

I had no idea what I wanted to help. But if you comment on these comments, we will find it helpful

2 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

I think I get what @Jose_G is saying and it’s funny :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I vote buy the stuff made in Iceland, forget the Hawaiian, go for Nordic power :muscle:https://mjolnir-audio.com/

Hell, you are the one that got ME to look seriously at Mjolnir stuff and it’s such a cool name too.

1 Like

I was kinda thinking that lol, I do like the BHSE but I think I want something fully solid state to go with the full tube, I will send him a message tonight to see if I can pick it up in a few days lol

2 Likes

The Woo gives you your tube goodness, the Hawaiian as a hybrid is awesome, or so the boys at Head-fi insist to death, but you have tube goodness already. Mjolnir is THE solid state to get and if there is anything better out there I haven’t stumbled across it. Only very boutique single one-off pieces guys have made here and there.

2 Likes

Just secured a deal on a Carbon CC Special Edition balanced

4 Likes

I saw one of those for sale recently, you are the dude that bought it i guess :astonished: :muscle: Congratulations!

1 Like

Nah this is a guy local to me that hasn’t listed it online to my info, paying a bit more than I want to tho lol

2 Likes

Trilogy H1 Energiser…solid by all accounts?

1 Like

Hmmm I saw it at a show but didn’t get a chance to demo, it did look sweet though

I had to read it twice, and when I finally got it I LOL’d too. :joy::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Well i dont know much about what your talking about i admit. but i do know all i hear about is the Blue Hawaii. everyones talking about the Blue Hawaii. its famous. everyone seems to think its the best

2 Likes

A definitive best or maybe just someones best? lol.

1 Like