Mobileaudiophile.com (MBA) Corner

Dunu Kima is reviewed in mobileaudiophile. Have fun reading in this Sunday. The following review is full with cable impresions and comparisons too. IMO best compared with Dunu TitanS

Pros__

The clarity, detail, coherency and texturing are excellent.

Very comfortable psychically, sonically without spikes in sound

Driving is relatively easy

Cons__

Trebles could be a little sharper and vivid

Doesn’t have the necessary slam in electronics

Can sound lifeless and dull after getting used to energetic & forward tunings

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors

1 Like

The KATO is Reviewed. Bassheads have their new under $200 option in Moondrop KATO. Enjoy your reading time with bass tremors in your kneecaps with the right tracks :sweat_smile:

IMO, KATO isnt a basshead iem at all, no way.

5 Likes

X2 where’s the :loud_sound:

4 Likes

@Ohmboy
You might be objecting to my naming, but:
I got the sub bass vibrations in certain tracks and heard bassy presentation overall. That makes me place it within “for bassheads” category

1 Like

No objections at all just a bit confused that’s all :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I am listening AFUL Performer5 since last morning whenever I find time. Here are my firsti mpressions and yours may vary. Source is dx300

Aesthetically awesome
Fit is great
Technicalities good but needs polishing
Track picking high
FUN sky high!

(9 hours later)Now source is ipad pro and here is my 2ndimpressions

Bass is soft and slow with some tactile feedback
Driving is easy
Vocals are forward
Soundstage is wide (weird because dx300’s results weren’t so)
Treble is rolled off especially vocalwise. This is making power metal (Hansl Kürsch) easier to listen

AFUL Performer5 looks like it doesn’t need a fancy source to play good. However, M or H gain off dx300 could feed it’s BA’s with power.

Review soon.

1 Like

Fiio JD7 is Chrisviewed in mobileaudiophile. Enjoy your budget all arounder with sq.

Edit: typo

2 Likes

AFUL Acoustics Performer5 is reviewed in mobileaudiophile.com. You have new daily driver around 200 and it plays like it, giving no disappointment despite the company is recently entering vicious arena.

Pros__
Wonderful daily driver with nice clarity
Bass is lush and laid back
Easy to drive

Cons__
Technicalities aren’t for techheads
Treble is a little shy
Slightly lacking in dynamics and slam

4 Likes

Sivga SV021 Robin is reviewed in mobileaudiophile.com thanks to Fahrettin Çetin

Anybody looking for fun in a closed back headphone and don’t plan to spend a hefty amount of money can like this.

Pros__
Very Well Built with Quality Materials
Easily Likeable V-Shaped Sound Signature
Pretty Good Sound Stage
Extremely Comfortable

Cons__
Too Warm in Other Words Thick Sound Will not Suit to Everyone or Every Music Genre
Not Very Technically Capable
Isolation is Just OK for a Closed Back
Mids are Sucked Out and It Feels Unnatural in Some Songs

#headphones

1 Like

THIEAUDIO Elixir is reviewed in mobileaudiophile. You can have balanced, high resolution and comfortable sound experience alternative without any spikes. Click the link if you want to see its comparisons and more detailed review.

Pros__

Balanced

Comfortable listening

Driving is easy

Cons__

Lack dynamics and slam in result

Genre specific

Vocal oriented

3 Likes

BQEYZ Winter DD+BC is reviewed

We reviewed BQEYZ Winter through as possible. Truly superior than others in the same brand, Moondrop Kato too. The real test will be in its comparison to Variations and QDC Dmagic Solo. Read poor man’s UM Mest mk2 since it has bone conduction too with X4 or X5 price tag.

Pros__

Power and dominance

Technicality

Bass and mids. Treble is high in resolution

Plenty eartips and accessories

Cons_

Can be hard to drive

Fit isn’t for everybody

Desire for more as the stock form is already very good

Not brilliant in smooth jazz

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors #iems-other

Dunu Kima Review (C. Love’s impressions) ($109)

I enjoy this latest single DD from DUNU. The Kima have a good and all-around sound with a decently powered bass region that is more tight than it isn’t, a wonderful midrange for great vocals and a non-offensive and pretty energetic treble. I began this review period much less impressed than I ended up becoming. Truthfully the Kima are worth the asking price and depending on your musical tastes or sound signature preferences I think the Kima can win over many fans. Dunu doesn’t make many mistakes as every iem that they released are well thought out and finished products, the Kima is certainly no different. This review is my impressions of the Kima as they were already reviewed at the website by Mahir Efe Falay. I like them people. A well tuned iem which performs pretty well amongst a sea of well performing iems in its price point. Please stop by the website by following the link below for the full review if the Kima is possibly something you are interested in. I thank you for doing so, please take care and stay safe.

Kima Pros

-Packaging/Accessories
-Build Quality
-Design
-Great stock cable
-Sound is pretty balanced
-Natural Timbre
-Technicalities are nice
-Layering/Separation are great
-Clean sounding
-Tight and mature bass
-Vocals & clean midrange
-Sibilance free

Kima Cons

-Fit may not be for everyone
-Low end may lack for some
-Some tracks can sound boring/flat
-Soundstage only average
-Some complicated tracks can confuse the Kima…sometimes
-Can be a bit Hot in upper-mid / lower treble on certain songs “

Full Review here: Dunu Kima Review (C. Love's Impressions) - Mobileaudiophile

4 Likes

The OG Letshuoer s12 gathered a lot of interest and those were valid, however the brand needed a pro update and we got it to check the comparison in Letshuoer s12 vs s12pro. Next in line is another budget gem’s first impressions. Letshuoer s12 vs s12pro - Mobileaudiophile

2 Likes

Kinera Urd is on our bench after a generous loaner from one of our followers. First of all; do not lay your head down on a pillow when wearing Urd…Just saying :slightly_smiling_face:
Second, prepare your cable like Dunu Amber or any cable which ignites its tri engine
Third, enlarge your concha while it is on your way, if it already isn’t so. I know it can create some issues but if you follow 2nd, 3rd is mandatory.

Kinera is a seasoned company with lots of IEMs targeted at higher segments. However, they have not botched their sub 200 releases since their first days of releasing premium IEMs. Kinera Urd’s looks are intimidating, but looks are only looks, and they resemble the sound too. Let’s hear Kinera Urd’s sound through Mahir’s words.

Pros_

Organic, Neutral

Smooth

ER character

Cons_

Lack slam

Lack instrument separation in certain recordings

Size

OG cable is dragging it down

1 Like

I recently started a debate on the Future of IEMs. Future of IEMs?
Everybody share your ideas on what the future is gonna bring. I have some predictions, but I wanted to see yours as well.

1 Like

Truthear Hexa is reviewed by Chris’s take. Have fun reading his very through review with many comparisons.
“To conclude my review of the Truthear Hexa, I have turned into a big fan of this set. I went from “Hexa is pretty good” to “Best hybrid under $100…hands down”. The price that Truthear is asking is almost silly for what you actually receive, and I’m not speaking about accessories. The tuning effort here is fantastic for a set that really isn’t too far out of reach for almost anyone. Yes $79 can be a lot of money for many but I honestly think the Hexa jumps price points in overall auditory ability. They sound damn good! The Truthear Hexa is a great buy. Oh, make sure to burn them in, and… yes burn-in is real. “

4 Likes

KBear Qinglong is reviewed in mobileaudiophile.com See the latest usage of PU+PEEK Double-layer Composite Diaphragm. Very nice for the vocal and soundstage fans out there.

Pros__
Bass
Soundstage
Vocals
Midrange

Cons__
Some metallicness in female vocals
Price is hefty for what it offers
Power need
Resolution

1 Like

Kiwi Ears made of a golden egg after Orchestra that was reviewed in mobileaudiophile.com too.
Meet Kiwi Ears Cadenza First Impressions and keep your eyes peeled for its through review.

1 Like

Typo (says FD7 atm)

2 Likes