Mobileaudiophile.com (MBA) Corner

Tin Hifi C2 is just reviewed. Very good, smooth and fresh performance for it’s price. I thank HiFiGO for the idea, Tin Hifi conceptualization, and implementation.

Pros__

Organicness

Neutrality

Soundstage

Musicality

Cons__

Treble can sound synthetic

Approaching sibilance border

Layering isn’t great

Tonality and Texturing is a little weak

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors

2 Likes

Celest Audio Pandamon is reviewed in mobileaudiophile. Welcome to the sweet neutrality in a planar + half open body. C2 took it the opposite way. T’was neutral neutral.

Pros__

Organic

Wide soundstage

Neutral

Background is dark (this helps 3d imaging)

Cons__

Scales with power

Layering is so so

Bass isn’t earth shattering

No more cons for me for its price

2 Likes

QoA Gimlet is just reviewed at mobileaudiophile. Those looking for a casual iem with all those pros, have found one of their matches. Read the review in the link below.

Pros__

Fast basses

Mids

B level technicalities

Instrument separation

Cons__

Blurry background

OK soundstage

Priced higher than it should

Demanding power

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors #iems-other

2 Likes

Tomorrow is both planar iem deathmatch day and the test of my hypothesis: I think that this combo will sound not so good. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Isn’t that just o2/olina tuned IEM? This is at least what I have heard

It was a battle of two rounds and 1 clear winner. However, a loser is still the winner at the same time :wink:

@SoundEater @VIVIDICI_111 @JAnonymous5150

8 Likes

Nice! Looks like you had some fun with it as well. The outcome of the closely fought, neck and neck first round was a nail biter and a nice twist. Good job and thanks for sharing, bro!

2 Likes

Thanks man. Here feels like a home. I (mobileaudiophile) am openly present in many places, but this is the hidden alley and the second place I join the conversation after our Facebook group.

1 Like

Aune Jasper can be a holy relic for some but slightly forgotten. I am sorry for my ignorance.

2 Likes

Our team mate Chris’ take on Celest Pandamon is here.

“Celeste Pandamon ($59)

Square Planar Driver (SPD 2.0)

Full Review:Celeste Pandamon Review (C. Love's take) Youthful, Bold & Balanced!

I wasn’t sure what to think about the Pandamon upon first glance at this set. Obviously it is a youthful design and likely marketed more for the younger crowd. I assumed it would be tuned in a more youthful style as well. I was certainly wrong. The Pandamon has a more mature, near neutral sound which comes across pretty balanced between the 20’s. I was expecting some booming bass, or at least something which hits deep and slams hard. Honestly, the Pandamon does have a nice punch though it does not resemble a bass-head style low-end by any stretch of the imagination. The midrange is more forward and smoother yet nicely resolved with a more natural and organic presentation. The highs are kept in check without any ear-gouging sheen or glare yet are pretty well detailed and clean while representing the upper 3rd nicely. To some the design will be a major head-scratcher and I get it. But, if you can get past the look you will come to find out (just as I did) that the Pandamon is actually very well tuned. There is an open and airy quality all the while remaining very energetic and even dynamic in a sense. The build is decent along with a good fit for me and nice comfort as the Pandamon are very light and ergonomic to my ears (YMMV). All in all, I have enjoyed my time with this set which actually surprised me. Not that I don’t trust Kinera because I have always trusted Kinera to create solid earphones from top to bottom. What surprised me was the more mature and relatively easy-listening type sound coupled with good energy and cleanliness. Obviously there is much more to the story and I do hope you stop by to check out my review if you are interested.

I would like to thank Kinera or “Celeste” for sending me the Pandamon in exchange for an honest review and that is exactly what I did. So thank you Kinera for your kindness. I hope each and every one of you is well and good, thanks and stay safe.

Pandamon Pros

-Accessories
-Fit (for me the fit is great, also a con)
-Natural timbre
-Near neutral
-Fast transient response
-Clarity & Resolution
-Nice with details
-Punchy & tight low-end
-Very open and airy sounding

Pandamon Cons

-Look (I’m sure some do not enjoy the look)
-Fit (I’m sure this will not fit everyone perfectly)
-Not for big bass lovers

Full Review of the Pandamon:Celeste Pandamon Review (C. Love's take) Youthful, Bold & Balanced!

QKZxHBB Khan first impressions here with brief comparisons and my impressions quite positive even from ipad pro.

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors #iems-other:official-iems-and-specialties

1 Like

QKZxHBB Khan review is published with lots of comparisons and a giant one. But you know what, Khan is combining best of both worlds a little more than the point its price tag allows it.

Pros__
Bass
Tonality
Layering
Speed
Sibilance

Cons__
V to weak W signature
Tuning that lets mids shadowed
Harmonics

QKZxHBB Khan Review

4 Likes

Our fan loaners package no:1 of today arrived Alpha & Delta KS1 and Audiosense DT600 will have their first impressions and reviews in mobileaudiophile.com :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Another great review from our team!

“QKZ X-HBB Khan ($39)

10mm DD / 7.8mm DD

Full Review: https://mobileaudiophile.com/reviews/qkz-x-hbb-khan-review-c-loves-take/

I purchased the QKZ X-HBB Khan for around $40 off of Amazon US a little while back. The latest collaboration between QKZ and HBB, The Hawaiian Bad Boy himself, the Khan looks to compete in a loaded price point. I couldn’t help but to pick this set up after hearing about them. By now I have had plenty of time with these bad boys. However, similar to the Truthear Zero, I actually went on a Rollercoaster ride of up and down feelings towards this set until I finally began to really enjoy the Khan. I’ve had this review completed for a little while now and I’m still listening to this set… which is a good indication of my feelings towards the Khan. The QKZ Khan is built very well with a class design. It comes with a couple unique accessories as well. The Khan is a fun listen yet seemingly dialed back in certain areas. You have deep and sonorous bass which rumbles close to basshead levels yet keeps a very clean and unblemished midrange without a chance at any spill-over. The Mids are recessed to a degree and a hair thin but have very good definition and resolution. Females sit more forward than males and they are more energetic with good control and even a hint of shimmer at times. There are some issues which I outline in the full review but I don’t know how bad these issues actually are when I am still putting this set in my ears. Truthfully, this is simply a different tuning than we are used to, it takes a minute to adapt. The treble could use some more energy yet is pretty well detailed and has good extension and is completely non-offensive. Stage is above average as well as most technicalities. I don’t hear anything too dry, I don’t hear any glare or shout, nothing metallic or too sibilant either. Overall, I found this set to be very well controlled and on the fun side. Obviously there is much more to be said in the full review. I want to thank anyone for hitting the link and checking out my thoughts of this very well done and uniquely tuned budget collaboration iem. Please take care and stay safe everyone.

Full Review: https://mobileaudiophile.com/reviews/qkz-x-hbb-khan-review-c-loves-take/

Check out Mahir Efe Falay’s review of the Khan as well:QKZxHBB Khan Review

Comparisons: QKZ X-HBB / Kiwi Ears Cadenza

Khan Pros​:+1::fire:

-Price to performance
-Look
-Build Quality
-Very clean sounding
-Deep penetrating bass
-Fun tuning
-Female vocals
-Non-offensive everywhere, unless you are allergic to bass
-Details are nice per the tuning

Khan Cons​:-1::cold_face:

-May be too large in fit for some
-Case (This is pretty picky of me)
-Lacking air/openness up top
-Some may think the bass is too elevated/wooly
-Some slight sibilances
-lack of dynamism to a degree
-Midrange slightly lacks exuberance
-Requires burn-in/listen-in“

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors #iems-other

3 Likes

Noble Audio Kadence first impressions ara below. Its review is placed in the order. 1# iKKo Asgard OH5

“I am hearing a very clear, mid centric sound, and every little tonality of the music is spread out in front of you. This feature of Kadence is especially valuable is organic music.
But listening to poor records leaves you with a meh face on you, almost no harmonics to speak about. You are just hearing some kinda random frequencies, and Kadence is proudly rejecting that kind of music

Layering and other technicalities such as instrument separation, body, air, extensions and positioning are great and I mean it, even on the iPad Pro. Soundstage is pretty realistic, so it can adapt to the place where the music performance is happening. “

#iems-other:official-iems-and-specialties #iems-other:in-ear-monitors

iKKO Asgard Oh5 review is just published. Great, extremely clear and lively (when powered up)

Pros__

Balanced and relaxed

Acceptable technicalities

Tuning is easy to adjust with only eartips

Cons__

Acceptable at technicalities unless DAC powered

4.4. connection turn into a harsh creature

The cable is robust and not that flexible

3 Likes

Truthear Shio is reviewed while displaying it’s real world effects in more than 10 earphones… The best dongle yet IMO considering the price and technicals (Dual CS43198 and a crazy good implementation). Read the review if you want to see the old pal k240 600 oHms trying to get fed up with v30 and Shio.

TL:DR

You will be missing a lot but here you go

Pros__

Lineer

Very high dynamics

No hiss

Does prove benefit regarding inverse proportion

Cons__

No internal battery

Automatic gain switch

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors #equipment-electronics-source-gear:dacs #equipment-electronics-source-gear:amps

1 Like

UM Mest MKII is reviewed thanks to the loaner. BC drivers are adding to the realism.

Pros__

Realism

Resolution and texturing

Depth

Bass feeling

Sound projection size

Cons__

Comfort due to the size and driver flex (in my unit)

Neutrality can be boring depending the song

Tip dependant

3 Likes

Our team mate Chris came out with another great review :heart: we might need such great dac / tws equipment at times.

Fiio FW5 $149

1DD (DLC) / 2BA (Knowles)

I will always prefer listening to iems attached to a nice cable and a good source, always. However, I am out and about a lot, spend a ton of time in my office and in my car and have found it perfectly acceptable to myself to enjoy audio in its most portable and convenient form. In this case I’m referring to True Wireless iems. I have just published my full review of the FiiO FW5 at Mobileaudiophile.com and I have come away pretty impressed. Fiio set out to tune this set a bit differently than 95% (I made that number up) of tws out there by using more traditional means to tune the FW5. Meaning, they didn’t simply rely on the DSP to digitally tune this set. The FW5 is loaded with an AKM AK4332 Velvet sound Dac/Amp chip which is great for a tws to have such a nice on-board independent chip pumping out the tunes. The FW5 doesn’t have all the features that most sets can boast of as Fiio went all out on sound quality. No ANC, no Wireless Charging, etc. etc. However, the FW5 comes equipped with "Snapdragon Sound ‘’ which adds up to 24/96 kHz transmission using LHDC, Aptx, Aptx-Adaptive, AAC, SBC as well as the promise of LDAC in the near future. The FW5 also added Multi-point connection ability and a very reliable connection at that, due to its Qualcomm flagship SOC Chip QCC5141. Supposedly they will add Ambient mode as well in a future update. The FW5 feels and looks absolutely premium but the sound is where the FW5 begins to separate itself from some of the other sub $200 tws iems. The FW5 has a slightly V-shaped sound signature, just warm of neutral, nice transient response with a good balance across the spectrum while remaining dynamic and energetic. I hear a more smooth sound but also this is a decently detailed sound for such a tuning. It has an impactful low-end with plenty of rumble and can be very satisfying. The midrange isn’t too recessed with a melodic sound and good note weight for a true wireless. The treble has nice body and is uplifted enough to contrast the rest of the spectrum very well enough to add levity while even illuminating some details. The soundstage is one of the larger stages I’ve encountered in a tws as well. Of course we are talking about true wireless here, but for something which I can keep in my pocket and take anywhere with me I’d say that I’m not missing much. Obviously I go into much more detail describing the sound as well as every feature that I know of concerning the FW5. I also compare it to a couple other sets as well. I’m not saying the FW5 will change your life and they don’t have a ton of features and they may not be tuned to your liking, but for what it is… I think Fiio is on to something. If any company has experience with wireless technology it is Fiio, who is right up there with the best in the hobby imo. I thank you for checking out my full review of the Fiio FW5 at the link attached and I hope all of you are doing very well and good.

Comparisons: Soundpeats H1 / Lypertek Pureplay Z7

FW5 Pros

-Build Quality
-Very ergonomic and feather weighted
-Triple Driver in tws form is more rare
-Great looking set, beautifully designed
-Battery is fantastic for running this Dac Chip (7hrs)
-Two Physical Buttons for controls per earphone
-On board AK4332 Dac Chip
-Fantastic app after update V1.26
-Movies & Videos sound great
-Multi-point connection (connect two devices… latest update)
-Isolation is fantastic with the right tips
-Most any eartips fit in the case (this is a big deal… Lol…Trust me
-Fantastic sound quality in general
-Huge Soundstage for a tws
-Well tuned
-Punchy Bass
-Dynamic Tuning
-Vocals (Male & Female)
-Future updates promise LDAC, Ambient Mode

FW5 Cons

-Price
-Call quality is average at best
-Lack of features (No ANC, wireless charging, Passive mode etc. etc.)
-Cheap Plasticky case
-May be too bulky for some
-BA Timbre at rare times
-Some slight latency issues unless on gaming mode

FiiO USA

2 Likes

Noble Audio Kadence is reviewed at MBA. Mr. John M. a.k.a. the Wizard, and Hür brahim Sakman are to be thanked. See what TOTL means with it and drown in a wonderful ocean of tunes.

Pros__

Excellent technicalities

Booming but controlled bass

Pretty realistic midrange

Driving is easy, eartips are plenty and the stock cable is already good

Cons__

Can slide down your ears if not proper eartips are used

Record picker

Close to sibilant sometimes

#iems-other:official-iems-and-specialties #iems-other:in-ear-monitors