Mobileaudiophile.com (MBA) Corner

Hola is reviewed at MBA. See how safe but escalating an iem can be.

Pros__

Musicality

All arounder with wide bore eartips

Able to be great with power

Cons__

Mediocre with narrow bored eartips and an ordinary source

Treble is lackluster

Timbre can be dark for some tastes

i#iems-other:in-ear-monitors

2 Likes

Joyodio Shine is reviewed in MBA thanks to Chris. Check it below.

" I received the Joyodio Shine a few weeks ago from Linsoul Audio in exchange for my honest opinion and review. Joyodio is a brand new company which elected to pop onto the scene with a very ambitious new iem, the Shine. The Shine is a 1DD and 2BA hybrid which is nice to see but what makes this set unique is the four dip-switches on each earphone which translates to 16 different tuning options in one set. The Shine has a very sleek and classy design with a very quality build. Joyodio also added in some nice accessories and this all comes in at under $80. In general, the Shine is closer to neutral with a slight bass emphasis as well as upper-mids and treble. There are so many variations which can be toggled through using the dip-switches as each and every different setting does make quite a noticeable difference in the sound. Obviously I will go into greater detail exactly how the Shine sounds in my full review at the link, along with a couple comparisons. I try my best to outline my exact thoughts, the good, the bad and I try to do so in the least confusing way that I could. Now whether I succeeded in that is a different story. I simply hope it helps the reader understand the Shine a little bit more. I gotta hand it to Joyodio, for a first release the Shine is very advantageous and a rarity at this price point. That price point also just so happens to be one of the most crowded on the market. A big thank you to Linsoul and I also want to thank anyone who clicks the link and I hope you all are doing well, take care and thanks.

Shine Pros

-Packaging / Accessories

-Build Quality

-Look & Design

-Four Tuning Switches with multiple listening styles

-Nice resolution

-Bass doesn’t muddy up the mix

-Speedy treble region

-Nicely detailed treble

-Fantastic first effort for a new company

Shine Cons

-Needs long Burn-in

-Some timbre issues (BA timbre)

-Not the cleanest sounding set

-Some settings have weaker pillowy bass

-Coarse note definition (not very smooth)

-Separation & imaging in the midrange in complicated tracks

-Coherency between drivers

-Almost too many tuning options (is this really a con?)

Comparisons: Truthear Hexa / Fiio FH3"

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors

Audiosense DT600 is reviewed at MBA. Slightly dusted but should never disappear and it’s price tag is so fine for its performance.

(Sigh, but life goes on and we can’t bury ourselves in grief)

Pros__

Bass

Technicalities

Neutrality and tonality

Details and layering level

Cons__

Disappointing treble range performance (how dare I can say that with its 6BA under its hood)

OK 3D imaging

Poor extensions

Hard to unleash its BA’s and get a juicy performance

2 Likes

I’m a bit curious about this line: what do you mean by “grief”? Has the dt600 been stopped or something?

Sorry, I forgot to mention it but my country was devastated with a large earthquake. And I felt grief and frozen for a day or two, even tough I am undamaged. No room for the dead as cemeteries in earthquake-hit Turkey and Syria fill up | Turkey-Syria earthquake 2023 | The Guardian

1 Like

Glad that you’re okay and praying for those yet to be found or recovering from it!

4 Likes

Oh man, I’m sorry about that! I didn’t realize you live there.
I hope your country will be able to get a swift recovery from this.

1 Like

Thanks. I am good, but I can’t say the same for ~2mil people who somehow got effected. But maybe a miracle; there are still some survivors within the ruins. Latest is the pregnant woman, trapped under the debris of the collapsed building for like 110 hours.

1 Like

Thanks man. How could you? I never emphasized my country before. We, the whole country, hope the same thing like you. But to be realistic, that region needs min 5 years just to clean the whole rubble and to build the essential buildings to run the city.

This estimation is just considering the material damage. But what can heal a father, who lost his daughter, and refusing to stop holding her hand? And there are thousands of undocumented examples of it…

You can find that photo if you search.

2 Likes

I was in the earthquake in Northridge, California when I was just a boy visitng family in the area for a few days. The damage was nowhere near as bad as the devastation your country is facing, but I don’t think anyone who has never experienced a larger earthquake can understand the raw power an event like that unleashes.

I wish you, everyone you know, your entire nation, and Syria the absolute best in these trying times. Some are undoubtedly more effected than others, but no one close to a disaster of this scale is uneffected. I’ll be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and keep your head up.

P.S. Thank goodness for the beauty and distraction of music at times like this, eh?

4 Likes

I am with you on the value of music :+1: But comparing the effects of disasters on survivors is the same as ignoring the pain of those who went through it. I know people in California experienced various forms of psychological trauma that day. However, damage is another topic and it’s safe to say that that 10 cities got nuked here.
@JAnonymous5150

Woah, I wasn’t comparing anything. As a matter of fact I said that the quake I experienced was nothing to what you guys are going through. I only mentioned the quake here to say that I could understand on some level how powerful a big quake is. I’m not sure where you got the rest of that, but I’ll assume it was something of a language barrier or whatever and I’ll let it go at that. My well wishes to you and your country remain. Don’t know what else to say to that…:man_shrugging:

Edit: I have reread my message like 5 times and all it was was a message of total support, expressing that I understand that even those who weren’t in damage zones will be greatly effected, and that I’m praying for you all. Where you got the idea that I was “ignoring the pain” of anyone in that is beyond me.

3 Likes

I only said what I had said hypothetically. And that barrier certainly exists. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Say what? x Hans Zimmer!? Holy… I think TWS concept is entering a new dimension.

#music-talk

1 Like

Do you think Ikko oh5 is an improvement over a Raptgo Hook?(Hook=Timeless+extra subbass+slightly more spaced mids and less treble).

Well, oh5 is great but it’s not a huge upgrade over a already fantastic planar iem. Oh5 is a balanced and warm iem.

Variations is an upgrade? I want a real upgrade.

I am sorry but the rule of diminishing returns apply here. Go to Dethonray Tender 1 for a real upgrade of planar tech

1 Like

Sendy Audio Peacock Review is on at MBA. They are not perfect by any means and very expensive. But they just might have what you are looking for if you haven’t found it in other popular headphones.

PROS

• Very Well Built with Highest Quality Materials

• Comes with a 6N OCC Cable 4.4 mm Balanced Cable with XLR and 6.35 mm Adapters

• Lush and Romantic Sound

• Great Accessories

• Very Good Soundstage and Imaging

CONS

• Expensive

• Don’t really compete with other +1k Headphones in some Technical Aspects

• Heavy

• Seal is quirky

• Not Harsh but Peaky and Sibilant in the Treble

• Looks may not be for Everyone’s Tastes

#headphones:open-discussion-help-headphones #headphones

1 Like

Fiio FH15 is just reviewed at MBA, thanks to Chris, Fiio and Amazon.

“However, if deep and penetrating bass that is just as clean and taught as it is big and robust sounds like a dream, a smooth, easy listening and non-offensive treble with some of the most rich and milky midrange vocals in its price point sounds appealing, I would say the FH15 is well worth the money”

3 Likes