Mobileaudiophile.com (MBA) Corner

Regarding Fiio and their filters…if the FH15 filters are the same as what came with the FH7? I found them to only really effect the upper mids/treble, they did sweet fa for the bass if IIRC :man_shrugging:

Extremely gimmicky.

For sure…a tip change would probably effect the FQ more drastically.

Here is how you do it.

1 Like

Joyodio is a company with no information. However, their debut Shine appears to have all of the tuning switches and a dark, yet shiny, textured backplate. Hundreds of tuning options add great versatility. But one thing is certain, it leans toward organic music. Thanks to Linsoul for providing the Shine for review purposes.

PROS

• Almost infinite tuning choices

• Comfortable fit and the playback

• Safe tuning generally

• Price and its cable

CONS

• Not roaring

• Treble is not playing a lead role

• Not that bright or airy

• Clarity doesn’t compete with some

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors

1 Like

Moondrop The Droplet is just reviewed at MBA. The progress over Quarks DSP is fascinating. I look forward to the third model :wink:

PROS

• Fun and dynamism

• Edginess where needed

• Comfort

• Ease of use (sorry i-guys)

CONS

• Unexpected lack of technicals that are surprising for a BA iem

• Emphasis in FUN oriented tuning

• Lack of OG silicone tips and addition of warmth with only OG foam tips

#iems-other:in-ear-monitors #iems-other

Simgot doing it right with EA500. @ToneDeafMonk ’s review showed it, as well as my intuition too. Let’s look down on how they did before being spoken around.

2 Likes

Thanks for that share. Simgot doesn’t get a whole lot of exposure and they make some great gear. I am going to try and get the EA2000.

1 Like

Fosi Audio K5 Pro is reviewed at MBA with Fahri’s perspective. It’s a Dac Amp without exceptional features, but it’s sufficient for starters. "We are still far from a DAC/Amp that would rule them all but Fosi Audio came a little closer. " I would like to thank Fosi Audio for the sample.

Pros

Decent power output
Great tuning for competitive gaming
Low noise floor
Great Value
Fun and useful tone controls
Good ADC

Cons

Limited to 24 bit / 96 kHz
Not linear
Internal DAC is not very resolving
Lack of microphone gain control
No spatial audio solution is included

#equipment-electronics-source-gear:dacs #equipment-electronics-source-gear:amps

Before the EA500 arrived, MBA reviewed the Simgot EM2R. It reminds me of its x3 priced counterpart DT600, and this one deserves a gold metal for achieving it at a third of the price.

What they say? SALUTE TO ART AND SCIENCE

PROS

• Clarity and Soundstage

• Control

• Neutralness (with a slight warm)

• HiFi tendency

• Ease of drive

CONS

• Treble can be edgy

• Recording picker

• Sensitive timbre to the source

• Crisp treble

@ToneDeafMonk

2 Likes

For you best tips for Oh5 are the stock or those that are like oval?
It’s was a question sorry.

1 Like

Simgot EA500 is reviewed at MBA. Check it out and see the latest sub 100 musicality and dynamism star with low impedance.

PROS

• Great musicality

• Separation and 3d imaging is fantastic

• Tonality is superb

• Tuning rings

CONS

• Not great at technicalities

• Bass punch is light

• Sibilance is near

• Fingerprint Magnet

3 Likes

Definitely surprised you feel as though the technicalities lack in the EA500. Nonetheless, great write up :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I was surprised to see that too. Tips I use are the JVC FX9 Spiral Dots and I thought it brought out great technical details.

Hey we all hear differently so everyones option matters that’s what’s important.

2 Likes

Agreed - I’m using the deep mount clears on mine, they tone down the micro details and forwardness of the upper mids a little but the fit is absolutely phenomenal. A easy compromise I’m willing to make no doubt.

1 Like

I always use stock tips + cable and consider Hzsound Heart Mirror as my technical reference for under 200 bucks. @ToneDeafMonk @domq422

3 Likes

Well yeah, that may well do it.

I get it, because it’s how many people who buy an IEM will listen to an IEM in stock form, but by that same token, most people reading IEM reviews online aren’t using stock anything.

It’s such a weird line to have to toe, and there’s no wrong answer.

Agreed I have a opposite approach, typically never use stock cable especially if it’s single ended.

Same as tips.
My philosophy is to review the product to the best of its ability. Doing anything less is unfair IMO.

I bit misleading because the sound Impressions are not what is capable just what is available for including accessories in the box.

Love seeing and hearing the difference from others. The explanation makes sense to me.

Yeah, this is very not me :slight_smile: I prefer to take everything in OG form and not modify to hear & reflect what it actually sounds like. Whether just first impressions or a complete review, it’s all the same in my perspective.

3 Likes

100% respect than and it’s great we all do a different angle love it actually.
And probably a good thing if we think about it not everyone has money to buy a $30!ear tip or $20 cable of $800 DAP.

Yup :heart: :+1:

1 Like