Modhouse T60rp Argon

I got 2 questions if you don’t mind me asking.

I have an Atom amp. If they can drive the t60 argons, would it not sound good/distort?

Which pads that you’ve tried on it give it a good soundstage with a warmer signature? I’m looking for a more relaxed sounding pair of headphones to compliment my 58x’s.

Should drive them. More juice opens up the soundstage a little more, but mainly imo helps the bass some. I have only used stock and zmf leather. The differences are not huge sound wise, mostly comfort imo. The zmf fit my ears better. But the t60’s will be less warm then the senn’s. They have a mildish v shape. Mids ever slightly recessed.

1 Like

would cowhide pads help with the both the bass and mids, or just bass?

mostly bass and some lower midbass.

1 Like

What about the dekoni blues? Will those be fine on an Atom? Just ordered a pair so I’m excited.

I’m also getting a cavalli tube hybrid so I hope they can drive the blues, too

both should be fine

1 Like

very curious about the sound quality differences between the argon MKIII, T60 stock, T60 Argon, and other ones. trying to find fun closed back and warm/detail headphone

Give it a week or two…and check youtube. I sold my Mk iii’s and placed an order for set of these. Very stoked for what I hear.

3 Likes

Does anyone have an opinion about the ZMF Ori Suede pads - will these headphones sound the same as the recommended oval suede pads? Also, would JDS Element 2 drive them well?

@Antpage2 I was wondering, if those T60rp Argons are not the best audiophile overall value in this price range that is not harsh to listen to, which other headphones do they compete with? I was just considering to buy these Argons as an end-game chill pair for the near future, but I’m not sure yet.

I’ve been looking at getting a pair of these recently, what music genres works best with these headphones (for $400 i have zero interest in using these as gaming headphones)?

For instance I have a pair of ATH-W1000’s which sound best with Jazz/Acoustic/Country Rock/Soft Rock - and a pair of Sony WH-1000xm3’s which are massively bass heavy (boomy, muddy and not very detailed) which work ok with electronic music/hip-hop/pop (anything that is bass heavy), but as soon as you start playing anything “light” like live acoustic music through them they sound significantly lacking in clarity and detail.

Heya, I have 2 sets of Suede ZMF Ori pads that I have been meaning to put up for sale on AVX. THey are brand new that I purchased early this year. If you are interested in them I can post them. Ive been meaning to do that for a while now

1 Like

I already have 1 set, but good luck selling them dude.

1 Like

So…I never got into the Argon MkIII’s…never went hunting for a set…

However, I could use a nice bassy, sound stagey, headphone right around this price. Something that would make Angel Olsen’s All Mirrors really sound as god intended, ya feel me?

Would this be it?

/yes, Zeos glowing review now public certainly helped me bump this thread.

1 Like

So my T60 Argons just arrived. I’ve been waiting patiently since ordering them from Ryan at the beginning of July. Haven’t listened long, but already love them. Construction is top notch as is comfort. Got the ZMF suede cups with the Alcantara headstrong. Got them with a balanced Periapt cable, which is a first for me. It’s beautiful as well especially in orange.

Running them off my A90 on high gain and don’t think I will go higher than noon ever, 10 o’clock is plenty.

Tool’s “Lateralus” sounds incredible. I have a small collection of cans – Hifiman Aryas, Focal Clears and DC Aeon 2 Closed – and I can safely say that these are up there even without considering the bargain price.

5 Likes

I found my pair to particularly shine when playing songs by Pallbearer.

Do you guys find them fatiguing/aggressive at the higher frequencies? Also, how would you describe the bass - is it rolled off, bloated, not detailed/textured…?
I just read those stuff somewhere on the internet and I have to make sure these are incorrect statements, because my ears are more sensitive to treble and I’m having high expectations. Ordered them 2 months ago though, currently waiting for them to ship.

I can use mine all day w/o high frequency fatigue. The bass is clean, and on majority of amps, not bloated. If your amp has a bass boost, it will cause them to sound a little bloated on very bass heavy things. I personally use my amp that has bass boost once in a while because its fun lol.

1 Like

They sound fun to pad roll, I ordered the suede pads. As long as they aren’t brighter than my Tygr 300rs, all good. I might get the sheepskin pads later on.

1 Like

Does anybody know how the Modhouse T60 Argon with the Cowhide Oval Pads sound with them

Has anybody compared the T60 Argons against the T50 Argon’s? The bass on theT60’s is supposed to be less from what I have read. Does this mean it is sharper or more focused?