Modi 2 and Magni 2 upgrade

Hi,
Looking some advice on dac/headphone amp upgrade.
Currently I have a Modi 2 and Magni 2 but looking to upgrade.

Primary headphones
Massdrop hifiman 4xx
Fostex t50rp

I need rca outs as this is used for my powered edifier speakers.

Any suggestions? Have been looking at Mayflower arc

The schiit asgard 3 multibit dac would be great and can act as a preamp for powered speakers, and is a fair bit better then the magni imo amp wise with plenty of power and the multibit dac module is great

1 Like

Modi3 / magni 3, liquid spark, jds atom, THX AAA789 or monoprice version with built in dac.

Also cavalli tube hybrid seems kind of interesting

The aaa789 doesn’t have pre out for speakers, the thx desktop dac/amp doesn’t either, the atom might be lacking power for the headphones they have imo. And the magni 3 isn’t a huge improvement over the 2, where the asgard is imo.

The cavalli tube hybrid also has no rca outs.

Edit: you could use the 789 or upcoming 887 because it does have rca outs but they are line level. But you would also need a dac and you could just chain the dac into the speakers bypassing the amp if you wanted a line level signal

I know for sure that the atom can’t power them to their full potential but i can definitely get argons to ear bleeding levels at about 2 pm or about noon on high gain.

It can get them loud and clean no problem, but imo to get the most out of them more power helps with other aspects

How would jdl labs elements compare to the asgard?

I think both are great imo, I would say that if you get the multibit dac in the Asgard it’s better then the jds labs dac in the element, but I would say that the element has a cleaner amp. That being said, the Asgard 3 has a fair bit more power which might be beneficial for your t50s