Modi 3 plus released

Schiit released modi 3 plus with unison usb.

Anybody already had an experience with it?
Is it worth trying if i already have aune x8 with muses01 op-amp with linear power supply.

I wish they release something between their 200 and 700 dollars gap, maybe good delta-sigma for 450$ :slight_smile:

I’m pushing @M0N to get one ASAP so he can share whether he feels Schiit fixed the shortcomings of the Modi 3 non-plus.

It won’t be asap lol, but I would like to check one out eventually, unison for 100 bucks and improved sound is going to be nice

2 Likes

someone buy one, have it shipped to M0N and then decide to keep or return with their 15 day return guarantee. :wink:

I can buy it myself lol

2 Likes

I’ll listen to one and then send it back to whoever bought it! :wink:

4 Likes

yeh, but there’s thousands of anxious people who cannot wait your unreasonable timeline of ‘one day’. LoL!

1 Like

I nominate @WaveTheory to do it instead of me lol

5 Likes

I’ll add I still have an original Modi 3 sitting on a shelf and could easily do a comparison with the 3+. Just sayin’… :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, sad im too far from usa:(

Lets vote for delta-sigma dac from schiit audio in 400-500 $ bucks range:( damn bifrost 2 is too expensive for me, 1000$ bucks with shipping and customs and don’t eve know will i like it, arrrr:( i want good dac for 600 max with shipping;(

Can someone explain the particular benefits of Unison USB? I have an Asgard 3 with the DAC module and am curious about Unison. I don’t need all of the inputs of the Modius, which is what keeps me from getting that. Wondering if Unison is enough reason to bypass the A3 integrated DAC and get the Modi 3+.

I would just say in general if you make the move to the modius you would get a nice sound quality improvement over the internal dac with the asgard 3, you would also get unison as well. But unless the modi 3+ is a significant leap ahead of the old modi 3 (I hope it is), then I would just stick with your internal card unless it’s not working correctly.

2 Likes

If the idea was to make this a suitable source for a mobile device, why not go USB C? For 99 bucks though, this could very well wind up being the entry level DAC and the new Geshelli the entry level for balanced XLR,

There is a suck a dick for a dac thread around here somewhere.

it will be interesting to see how much tighter the space of justification will get for the Modi 3+ vs the new Modius.

really though, if they’ve made the Modi 3+ competitive to everyone else at that price, you’ll need two stacks.

Modi 3+, Loki, Magni 3+, Heresey, Vali 2
and then…
Modius, Asgard 3, Lyr 3, Magnius 3 and Valhalla (which I think is a 2 still?) and maybe a Loki.

It would be really cool if they matched the single ended performance of the modius, since on the modius imo I prefer the sound of the balanced output a bit (but the single ended on the modius is still quite good)

wait really? $250? Hell I would hope it out performs the modius being more expensive… though I would really appreciate if Schiit released an updated magni or something thats small like this new modi in that regard since it will look weird, to me personally atleast, to stack an asgard with a modi multibit

Where are you getting $250 from the Modi 3+ is $99, the Modius $199.
The Modi Multibit, that just got a reprieve is $250.
And they just updated the Magni at the start of the year.

yes, that’s what im talking about…

aware of this… just nothing in the same price category of that size, guess I could have reiterated better. Just odd that $250 for the Dac but $99 for what’s supposed to be the stack amp unit.

going to go ahead and place an order on the 3+ modi later I guess check it out.

1 Like

it would be damned neat if they made a DAC that let you jump between their normal output and then multibit output.

Yeah, I’m down for a cheaper single ended version of the modius to pair with the a3.