Modified DT880, 3.5mm jacks getting loose

I had the build-in cable of my Beyerdynamic DT880 pro removed for one 3.5mm jack on each side.

I’m using a hartaudio cable.

After around 8 months I noticed connection problems and the 3.5mm plugs are kind of loose in the jacks. Some random times they do not have proper contact leading to one side losing audio. Wiggling around the plug a bit fixes it.

Trying some other cables (random 3.5mm stuff I have laying around) they fit more snuck but they still have a slight wiggle to it and loose connection sometimes.

A friend of mine also has contact problems with hartaudio cables (2.5mm) in one of his headphones.

I think hartaudio cables have a slightly different plug that is smaller or has a different shape that makes them lose contact easier than others.

On top of that the jacks on my headphones seem to be worn out as they do not hold on to plugs securely anymore.
Could it be that cheap jacks were used when they were modified?

From phones (back when they still had a plug) I experienced that they wear out over time but that takes years of daily plugging in and out.
But on my headphones, I never unplug the cable other than by accident like getting caught on something.

I’m more confident working with electronics now and I already opened the headphones and all the internal cables are connected properly and securely so that makes me pretty certain it is the jacks.

So what is the solution to this?

Replace the jacks with new 3.5mm jacks? and if so are there any manufactures of jacks to be recommended for durability?

Or would it be better to use another connector? E.g. hartaudio cables recommends using one of their interconnects to not wear out your amplifier when you constantly switch between cables/headphones and wearing out the 6.3mm or 3.5mm jack on the amplifier.
This makes sense to me but as said I don’t really unplug the cables on the headphone side.
So mini xlr?

Could it be the connection on the cable? Do you have other phones you could check this with? I’ve had a similar problem a few times with my portable cans and it was always at the source end.

does not occur with 4 other headphones and they all use the same source

The cups open up really easily, check to see if the solder is good.

i already mentioned in the post that i opened them up and all the internal wiring is good