@MON with all your gear

Glad you are back in and having fun :+1:

1 Like

Or, “IEM Sunday” :wink:

I have 9 headphones on my desk right now, lol.

Very true. Wondering how much longer mainstream brands can hold out before more people figure out what $3-400 could buy them.

1 Like

Mixing it up I see lol

I mean that’s really all it’s about tbh, although mainstream brands are getting better with actually giving a quality product but the value for sound vs buck isn’t quite there yet

2 Likes

I made the audio guy at my local Best Buy listen to KPH30is a few months ago, before all this quarantine biz. Had him compare Imagine Dragons on their in-store demo to the Koss playing out of my phone, then we had a good long talk about what’s wrong with mainstream audio, lol.

They’ve got a little way to go yet. :wink:

2 Likes

For sure, people just need a listen to get hooked lol

2 Likes

I would say the violectric 280 is an upgrade/replacement to the 789. The RNHP is a in a class of its own that has a sweetness to it that does things to certain headphones that honestly, worth the experience. The problem with the RNHP is that some headphones do not compliment the RNHP’s strengths.

Got these in yesterday, they’re in pretty bad shape visually but nothing I can’t fix.
Probably gonna get some nice pads and a soft cable for them cause the current ones are (literally) falling apart.

So far, I’m loving them. They’re a major step-up from the Philips HP250s I used before. The sound is extremely flat, lacking a bit in the bass department. Makes up in soundstage, however. Listened to some recordings of concerts I’ve been to and it’s almost as if I were there.
They’re also super comfortable, about what I would expect from AKG.
I have worn them for about a day so far and I have yet to play some games with them.
Does anyone have any recommendations on soft cables or pads that’d go with these? They desperately need replacement.

4 Likes

Stuff from dekoni is always solid, and vmoda cables are nice if they still sell them

Also yo what the fuck is this thread anymore lol

3 Likes

5 Likes

I have no problems where this is going, but I just wonder how it gets there lol

1 Like

The OP was drunk when he posted it and the thread carried on that way… :joy:

4 Likes

A m0n AMA? :thinking:

1 Like

Perhaps initially, but now I have no clue, I do like where this is going though, it’s kinda just like a talk about whatever thread

Also that reminds me of what I said here lol

1 Like

This is very true… I feel like the m0n appreciation thread needs a bump lol

4 Likes

Please no don’t do it lol

3 Likes

oh so you’d prefer a new appreciation thread then

I think I’m fine lol

Since you’re here I’ve sort of speculated I’d be okay getting the elegia with the a3 but a clear would require a step up… sound about right?

So I would tend to agree, the elegia is for the most part happy on most quality solid state amps, but the clear is indeed more picky. I think you could run the a3 with the clear and I think you could still think it’s an upgrade from the elegia, but to actually get what you paid for in terms of performance you would want to go higher tier on your amp imo

@shikikaze I was tired and didn’t realize, is that a K551 just to verify? That has an attached cable correct? I think you might have to do the detachable cable mod