Monolith 124459

hi, id like to know if this DAC Monolith 124459 would benefit my Klipsch R-51PM Powered speakers. and id like to know if I can use my Xbox with chat working. if someone can recommend me something that would work with both things along with pc thank you!

That would be a better dac, but also which headphones do you have and also do you need something that can support a mic or just headphones?

well i wanna use Philips X2/27 Fidelio Over Ear Headphone with V-MODA BoomPro Microphone

do you think this dac makes sense for what i wanna do? i want something i can improve my speakers that are powered along with wayyyy better sound for gaming . right now i dont have any dac or amp and i use astro a40 that connect to my xbox controller. what do you think?

Do you want something that would connect to your xbox with a mic in? Because that’s very hard to find

I think the monolith is way overkill imo, and instead would point you elsewhere to something that makes more sense. I think if you were to drop that kinda money it should be on a headphone first

yes xbox with mic not alot of dacs work with mic i see, what would you recommend ? i ordered the headset and mod mic. just want something i can use with everything .

Well there are a bunch of dac/amps that can run from optical from the xbox but not ones that can take a mic as well and still work from xbox unfortunately, so you might be sol there. I do think you could pick up a fiio k5 pro and that would be nice with your speakers and headphones, but you would have to split off the mic and still connect that to the xbox somehow (or just use the windows xbox app)

very good point. i can use the xbox app on the pc. i wouldn’t get game sound right?

Unfortunately I am not familiar with xbox so I can’t answer that question

thank you so much for helping tho i almost got that first dac lol gonna order the fiio

Just be aware that will work well for desktop usage but it won’t take a mic in, but overall it’s pretty great for the price

im gonna have to do some research on that becuse i wanna better audio for gaming on xbox and pc. tired of astros

Yeah I don’t think there is a higher end audio product that is compatible with xbox for a mic in is the thing. The hel or mayflower arc mk2 work for ps4 and pc but not xbox is the thing.

1 Like

That being said you could do a janky ass setup if you wanted but it would be somewhat cumbersome

It may involve a mixer and routing multiple dacs and mic ins lol

do you know of one that would work? even if i have to buy a few things…

what about the astro base station? can i use that to use other headphones or that wouldint work? i know that has out and in through optical

So it wouldn’t sound that great with other headphones tbh as it does tweaks for their headsets that sound pretty bad with most normal headphones.

Also ignore the janky setup idea as it might be a bit stupid lol and not worth the hassle

1 Like

you are awesome thank you for the help

No problem, if you have any questions just ask

Unfortunate that Xbox USB mic support is hard to come by