🔶 Monoprice M560

This is the official thread for the Monoprice M560. This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Over Ear
  • Amp needed
  • Open Back

:red_circle: HifiGuides Amazon link

Reviews…

Z Reviews

JDM_WAAAT

DMS

Hi all, can anyone offer up tried and true proven mods for the Monoprice M560?

-I hate the sibilance I sometimes get with the highs and If I’m not careful I drive them into distortion on the bottom end. (Hip hop, rap etc) Is this normal for this headphone? I really like them for Blues, Jazz, Greek and latin music. (That’s how I avoid the aforementioned problems.)

-My biggest gripe though is the ear pads. I have big ears, real big dumbo sized ears. I need large oblong or XL oval pads. What quality large ear pads will enhance the sound of these things? I know the big Sony pads were recommended by Zeos, but reading the Amazon reviews of them they seem to flake and get nasty fairly quickly so I have avoided those in hopes of finding something better. Any direction you guys can offer is much appreciated.

Eventually I want to upgrade to high end planars but I think these have more potential I’m not getting out of them yet. And I happen to prefer them with the covers off.

Much better now, that took work, never will I purchase headphones that I can’t properly replace the pads on ever again. BTW, the ZMF cowhide do wonders for taming the treble a bit and bringing out the lower octaves on the M560. Honestly it feels and sounds like a different headphone now.