Monoprice M570 is out, anyone have a listen?

I mean I did tell you about my broken amp through the rma They did basically almost no questions asked after I told them my trouble shooting and paid to full shipping labels. First one didn’t have customs since I live in Canada and the second one was DHL took less than a week to get here after I sent it out. And I got cables from them after one would break free of charge. I break a lot of my 3.5mms

I just had where there was a really bad driver crinkle with random cutouts, and it took lots of back and fourth with them to actually get a return going, because they initially claimed it was normal and fine and wouldn’t offer the rma/return

I guess it depends on the person you get

Had mine for a little bit and the internals are definitely the same as the 20’s and Aiva’s.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention the driver crinkle thing. Seems to be a common problem with the driver from the Sendy on down but it isn’t driver crinkle in most cases. It is actually the mesh in most cases. Mine had that “crinkle” but I notice the mesh was lifting off in some places and when I got it all stuck back down the “crinkle” was completely gone.

you should post that to the M570 thread. maybe we can figure out why they dont sound as good as teh aivas lol

I just went to the website and went through a form there. i listed my reason as being unsatisfied with the sound quality. they emailed me back a few days later with the RMA and fedex shipping label np

1 Like

Who knows, but I had to do some finagling for some reason

Mon, they looked at your FBI audiophile file. They said “this guy has purchased more high end headphones than any one person could possibly use. There’s something fishy going on here. Don’t trust him!” And hassled you on your return.

Lol that would be funny, but it was before this forum and I haven’t participated in other forums (or had any info on what I own). So obviously they had some other way of getting that info…

It’s blatantly obvious these are all made by the same company. Monoprice is best value but they have no souls like gingers.

1 Like

This is true.

That gingers have no soul i mean

I wonder if there is an issue with variation of the drivers or monoprice is using B stock drivers or something. My pair sounded exactly the same as the B20’s I had. They sounded so exactly the same I sold the B20’s a few days after these arrived. I bought the B20 after comparing them side by side with the Aiva. All 3 sounded nearly identical when using the same pads to my ears. My only issue is an imbalance my M570 has between 800hz and 900hz. I don’t hear it in music but running a sweep I can hear my left channel has a dip there while the right stays flat. The graph I get shows a sharp ~4db dip on the left channel. Unfortunately I didn’t think to check frequency response while I had the B20’s to see if they had the issue as well. Even though all three sound basically identical to me I am still considering returning these. Even though I don’t hear the issue at 800-900hz it still bothers me knowing it is there.

1 Like

Once you notice an issue on stuff you really can’t get over it lol. That type of stuff drives me up the wall

Just for ish and giggles here is an average of left and right on my pair. My setup isn’t that accurate below 70hz and above 17000hz but it’s enough to get an idea. I would love to see some real graphs for all three of these headphones from the same place.

Using what compensation?

There is no compensation in my graph. Unless there is an option or something I missed there is no HRTF compensation applied and it is just raw from the mic. It does have a 0.25 exponential smoothing factor and a 96000hz sampling rate. It’s just for the fun of it.