🔶 Monoprice Monolith M1060

My budget is around $200 to $300. I could go to $350 if I have to.

You want a Planar or is a dynamic driver ok? what do you like soundwise? more bassy or treble?

That is a good question. I would like it to be a planar, but a dynamic driver would be ok. I am not a bass head so I guess it would be more treble.

hi all
could you please tell me the difference between a nighthawk and this one
is it better to go to the M1070
thanks

I’ve had the M1060 (original, no mods) since they were first released, and I immediately liked them. But after a couple years, I started thinking of something more “Hi-Fi” than “Mid-Fi”. After some research, I settled on the HiFiMan Ananda ($700). It is a very impressive headphone. But over about a week of comparing it to all my others, I found it to be most similar to the M1060. And when I had a preference between the two, it was almost always the M1060. Especially with female vocals, which sounded richer and more realistic on the M1060, to my surprise. It renewed my appreciation for the Monolith. I returned the Ananda.

2 Likes

Hey, I have the M1060 (V2, with 2.5mm on each cup) and I’m experiencing an issue where there is a short in both cups when you bump the cable near the connector to the headphone that causes a loud crackling sound and audio to cut out for a second, are there any none fixes for this or what do I need to open to isolate?

I have used my M1060 v2 since 2018 for around 11,000 hours (give or take), went through 5 sets of pads (I have recently started using them with no pads, not as bad as you may think), 3 sets of cables, and no headband since 2020. pretty good headphones.

Any recommendations for an upgrade? looking for the same sound profile.

update: after almost 7 years of daily use and abuse the wood frame split in half

fun fact: the m1060 driver its the same size as an audiotechnica air ad700x frame