🔶 Monoprice Semi-Open Over Ear Wired Headphones

This is the official thread for the Monoprice Semi-Open Over Ear Wired Headphone

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: No, but better with
  • Open Back Semi-Open

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

That looks like a Behringer Rip-off of a Beyerdynamic DT-880 :thinking:

Just got a pair outta curiosity. They’re actually pretty good for $50 and could probably be improved with some mods. It has a slightly v shaped sound signature. Has a bit of a metallic tone but is pretty mild. Bass is boosted in the mid bass area but rolls off. Good slam but a bit boomy. Mids are recessed but clear. Treble is a bit boosted but isn’t sibilant. Build and comfort is good. These are kinda like a cheaper version of the Tygr 300r.

1 Like

Lol what? Too little, too late.
This is a direct Xerox of the Takstar Hi-2050s I bought way back in 2016… or what is 2015?
Hell knows.

Anyhow, that, too, at the time was $45 to me shipped from AliExpress (good old damn days, that one came to me from China in under 4 days via 4PX! Yup). This is the one here: (I believe Takstar is the OOEM for these - they made or outsourced or both for a dozen companies, as this one ran down even the Kingston HyperCloud like and even some Corsair headphones before Corsair’s later offerings. Also, this is what ISK made too, also attached).

9652684_thumb

Needless to say, a wheel Takstar invented (which Beyerdynamic first invented) I didn’t believe would be re-reinvented again in 2022 lol.
The Takstars? Great entry-level cans. 52mm drivers. But THIN… THIN sounding. Cuppy sound. Not a good soundstage. I mean can’t wrong them for $50 anyhow - but the renditions of these for $100 are - okay. Anything over, not really worth it.

Quite close to entry level Beyers. Actually, better than a couple of those ones, def.