đŸ”¶ Moondrop Aria

that’s concerning :thinking:

Is someone here into equalizing?

I tried to do some equalizing myself in the past without much success and did some equalizing based on oratory settings with mild success.

However I had some ideas I tried out today and came up with this, which completely changes how my Aria sounds and imho much much better. I am astonished how much equalizers can do. They seem like black magic to me at this point.

Can someone please try these settings and tell me wether my ears are broken or if this actually doubles the value of the aria?

Filter: ON LSC 33.3333 dB Fc 90 Hz Gain 4 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 1350 Hz Gain -2.8 dB Q 1.4
Filter: ON PK Fc 10100 Hz Gain 8 dB Q 0.8528
Filter: ON PK Fc 13500 Hz Gain -12.9 dB Q 4.1387
Filter: ON HS Fc 16033.6 Hz Gain 2.5 dB

That’s actually kind of you, to be honest I would do the same if the seller that I have been transacting with since day 1 and have a good reputation for most of the time.

It still sucks that my pair has that same defect as my Starfields.

Nothing but a good old superglue can fix that, it still sucks that kind of problem happens to some people. Would rather have that problem instead tbh, if the painting job is better.

Add some solder into the mix
 the left pin on the connector is barely working

2 Likes

Mine have loose cable connectors, which doesn’t do much to inspire confidence on the QC or design.

The sound on the Aria is great, and they are fantastic for detail retrieval.
For me they are right at the edge of brightness for an all day set.
The stock cable is bad enough that I replaced it during the first week.

Under $100 right now, Aria and Mele are my favorites.

1 Like

what cable are you using right now for the Aria?

1 Like

I bought the Linsoul Tripowin Zonie 16 Core for $20 on Amazon.

I like it, but I typically use the 21 core Jelly cable on the Mele too, so maybe I am just used to them.

I am using a NICEHCK 16 Core Black Cable, surprisingly soft and it matches well with my Aria’s black color though ruined now since there parts from the Aria chipping off. Might give this one a resprat treatment as well if it gets worse.

1 Like

I use a cable with an integrated mic, for work.
I broke said cable, so I am currently using the mele cable while waiting for my xinhs cable to arrive.

1 Like

The stock Mele cable is nice, and has good hardware on it.

Many of the other IEMs in that price range should look at that cable closely.

2 Likes

It is nice, but the twisting of mine is a bit loose and misaligned at the beginning, near the jack.

1 Like

I finally got a chance to try out a the Moondrop Aria that many people have said the best under $100. Honestly it was very bassy and fun tuning.

2 Likes

If you think that is bassy, stay away from the Mele.

The Aria is the set I use when I want better detail retrieval, but I always switch to something else after a while, because I find the bass and sub bass lacking.

1 Like

I ve just received my aria, but my ears gets irritated very quickly by them, maybe thoese eartips aren’t fitting my ears well. Could the spinfits (i don’t know what to pick, maybe the cp 100 ?) fix my issue?

Is this your first IEM? In that case, there is somewhat of a learning curve as to how to wear them, what is a good seal, etc

Do you use the small tip size? If that is the case and they irritate your ears, I guess, you have a deep insertion fit? Have you tried a more shallow fit (maybe with a tip size above)?

If you have other IEMs with better fit, maybe try to exchange tips.

I had the issue, that the nozzle was so small, that the fit was insecure, which sound like the opposite of the problem you have, and I usually wear M size tips.

This is my second iem, i had a mee audio pro 2nd gen and i had this issue as well some times, not always.
I wear the M size, which fits perfectly for the seal. I also have the moondrop quarks, same M tips as the aria and no issues, and they definetely go deeper. I also have a problem with the right ear (with all the iems): the tip does not insert too well in that ear, i must try some times for the perfect fit while for the left it’s straightforward

I usually listen to my Aria with spinfit cp100 (S size). I bought some M size xelastec quite some time ago and found that they didn’t fit me. I decided to test it again today and guess what? It fits!! I guess I get a way deeper fit with the spinfit, but the M and L size I tried didn’t fit either (no seal).

Anyway, the Aria are way warmer with xelastec. I can’t tell much more about treble, stage and other things because I didn’t try long enough, but the result was quite pleasing. The first thing I thought was “it transformed into Mele” (I equipped my Mele with CP100 too).

I haven’t really tip rolled before, because I never heard really noticeable effects, but I guess I’m in for a great round with all my iems, now.

Both sides starting shorting out on my Aria, which I assumed it would, given that they have had loose cable connectors for a while now. This set has literally never moved father than 10 feet from where the box was opened 4 months ago.

I think I am done with Moondrop until they prove they can make an IEM that lasts.
Apparently I was renting it, and the Aria isn’t worth $20 per month. I sold a Starfield that was missing half the paint. The last well made set from them was the SSP/SSR.

I have another reason I am happy that I got my 7Hz Timeless this month, since it was already the better detail IEM when the Aria gave up the ghost.

1 Like

Sorry to hear. It always sucks, if things brake and when products seem to have qc issues across the board. My Aria started to chip the coating, but it was very mild. Besides that mine didn’t have any other problems for 6 months or so. The timeless QC isn’t better it seems, when reading that thread.

Up until very recently I had a policy to never spend more than 30 usd on IEMs, because they would just brake all the time for me. I hope I won’t regret that change in policy

1 Like