đŸ”¶ Moondrop Aria

The 2 pin plug on my right aria is loose. Will it affect the sound? And is it common?

1 Like

It’s common after a long heavy usage, no need to worry about.

The Arias for me are just the right fit, no issues of it falling from ears while listening to long sessions of music and sleeping sideways.

It can be a bit of a bummer when you have IEMs that short nozzles, meaning it cannot fit everyone like a glove immediately for our ear holes varies in sizes.

Mine became loose after 2 weeks

Found the exact same thing. Makes them a no-go for me. Even when I hold them both in to get a good seal, they didn’t live up to the hype for me

Would it be safe to say that if I didn’t like the sound signature of these, that I probably wouldn’t love the AKG K361s either?

Haven’t heard the k361 yet, but what do you think is wrong with these?

In that case you should swap the cable, Moondrop’s known for bad cables.

It depends on what you call “loose”.
Do you have the feeling that the cable can go off too easily? Or do you notice some wiggle with the part that receives the cable pins?

I have a wiggly cable receiver, and noticed after 2 days of use. I use a cable that fill pretty much the whole receiver, so it doesn’t wiggle that much now. I didn’t notice any channel imbalance though.

Are you saying because of the Harman tune? If what you didn’t like about the Aria was “too much bass” or “too much sparkle” it’s possible. But TBH I would not compare IEM and Headphones based on FR curve alone. Both reproduce space, imaging and other technicalities very different, at least IMO.

I found it had neither of those problems. It just didn’t wow me like everyone said it would. I prefer the fit and sound of my TFZ Live 3 IEMs to be honest. Better detail and imaging, and I prefer the sound signature. I’m not saying they’re garbage or anything, maybe just not for me, tried swapping out the tips from the TFZs to the Aria to see if it would help- they still didn’t seal well. Sitting at my desk and holding them in to achieve a good seal they still didn’t do much for me. I agree about the comparison of IEM to headphone- I just know people throw the term Harmon Curve around for both.

1 Like

Don’t particularly know about the TFZ so no comments on that. Moondrop usually uses the Harman Reference, and they mention this on their materials. They’re also very focused on tunning the FR of they’re IEMs so I would trust them on this part. But yeah, there is more to phones than just tunning, so I completely understand you.

Hopefully this experience helps you finding what you’re looking for in you future cans.

Hi,I’m new here,is the Aria still good today?

1 Like

The aria is not old at all, why would it be not good?

Not only it is good but it’s one of the best value headphone in its price bracket. It is sitting on the top of the mountain of 0-100$, with Mele and thieaudio legacy 2 (according to a majority of reviewers).

3 Likes

Just received the Aria two days ago and I can vouch for how good they are! For the price they’re quite impressive. I enjoy the smoothness of the iem.

1 Like

A local business I purchased the Arias at accidentally sent me two pairs. I like these earphones so much I wish I could keep both.

Unfortunately I only have two ears and one set is enough to satisfy :slight_smile: Had to send them back so someone out there can enjoy these gems too!

1 Like

Glad to hear that,I’ve ordered them yesterday since many reviews (youtube/forum/reddit) say it is very good. How’s the stock eartips tho? I’ve also ordered spinfit c100+ just in case.

3 Likes

nice man, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. The stock eartips surprisingly are okay, I have weird shaped ears and they still worked fine. With the stocks tips the seal is just above average. Some Spitfits would definitely make the seal better!

You could have gotten a backup pair of Arias just in case your 1st set has some issues like paint chipping or the 2pin connectors being loosed. But hey, if your single set does not have any issues so far, then there’s nothing to worry about I guess.

yeah so true, but the store owner seems like a nice guy. Wouldn’t want to tarnish my relationship with them and make future purchases awkward? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: that’s if he found out I guess.

But mines perfect and I have a fair amount of other earphones in my rotation so hopefully that helps with the longevity. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes