Moondrop CHU (ultra budget)

Anyone wearing their Chu with the cable down? I can’t get it to stay over my ear properly. Other than the undetachable cable, I can’t complain about them so far, a lot of value here for $20.

1 Like

Have you tried using those included rubber hooks?

I had the same issue with the cable jumping off my ear and using the hooks solved it (usually I would totally avoid the hooks but they were necessary in this case).

3 Likes

Cheers mate! Will try that. Can’t find hooks in my Chu packaging, just the 6 tips and a black pouch but I have spares lying around to use :+1:

I had some in the packaging. You can also create tension in the cable by rotating the IEM in the right direction once or twice.

2 Likes

I just received the Moondrop Chu for a throwaway IEM to take to work. WTF these are amazing for 20 bucks. They do NOT sound refined but they do sound Fun. I’m Super Impressed even if they break I’m keeping the extra comfy eartips. Recommended Highly. With the cute packaging I might buy some more for stocking stuffers.

2 Likes

I tried some tip rolling on my chu recently.
Here is my podium:
3) final type E. Brings some bass in the mix
2) azla crystal . Same thing as final e, but more balanced
1)cp145 (S size) . Extends the low-end without bringing too much mid-bass in the mix

1 Like

Just wanted to jump in and reiterate that these are stupid good for the money. Also the tips are good as well so no complaints.

3 Likes

Ok so im not trying to felate these or anything but fml the bass is good if you add micropore tape over the front volume port. I dont know if this was mentioned before but the sub bass becomes throaty powerful with OH10 levels of slam and presence. Still very clean sounding and no boxyness that i can tell. Try it if you have not yet and are a bass head. :smiley::+1:

1 Like