Moondrop CHU (ultra budget)

Same experience. I have t3 plus, Timeless, After I bought ikko oh10 I found out that I don’t like a lot of bass 6db sub bass is good for me. On the other hand I like vocals to be abit forwarded with evrthing take a backseat. Even with that chu vocals share the first seat with other instruments it become my favorite iem out of nowhere they are just a different flavor. To be honest i wasn’t expecting that att all and at 20$ just it made me think again and again what on mars is going on here. And with azla cristal just speechless bass just enough for me. One time i heared the starfild in a YouTube demo it was shockingly good tuned for me then i did a mistake following people recs and hyped iems . I got the oxygens and … But first time i get this enjoyment and for a 20$ iem with azla cristal. Now i m looking for upgrade like variations without tha 10db sub bass

2 Likes

3 Likes

@nymz Definitely on my radar but alot reported that they are not as technically good compered to the compition at that price point

I mean if you want an improvement, apparently the 7Hz x Salnotes Zero does that. Though do be careful when it comes to 7Hz, for I’ve heard from my friends that the QC issues from them are much worse than Moondrop’s.

1 Like

Since I like the spring tips so much, I wanted to order 3 pairs in size M for 15 Euro, while the Chu itself cost me 21 Euro. For some reason I hesitated to make the order until yesterday when I finally crossed it of my todo list.

24 hours later and I just became victim of the famous Moondrop quality: At first I thought I couldn’t get a seal, then I thought my ears are broken, but in the end the Chu spontaneously developed a severe channel imbalance (I dont know… 10-15 db maybe)…

I will try some rice and silica gel, but good thing no one bought the timeless from me yet :D… probably I will get the 7hz zero as a replacement beater set

EDIT: To my surprise the imbalance went away… no clue if it was the rice, the silica i added or if it just need some time… let’s see if it was a one time thing…

2 Likes

Quick update: Had the same issue again today… I played for a couple of hours when suddenly the right driver stops working. After not using the Chu for a couple of hours everything works again (this time no rice or any other special treatment), but it’s pretty annoying especially when you play FPSs and rely on hearing where footsteps come from.

1 Like

Yep still having that Moondrop QC issues, one of the reasons why I am still not buying from them anytime soon.

1 Like

Playing games was my number one use case (thanks to the attached mic). I just had another gaming session and realistically: the Chu is broken to me, if I can’t play more than one or two hours and than have to take a break. It never did this before and it is not even very hot today…

Guess I have to burry out my CCA C12 again and won’t use the Chu anymore :frowning: I had a great time with it and don’t mind having spent 20 Euros for a couple months of fun, but can’t really recommend it anymore. Maybe I’ll end up giving the 7hz Zero a shot afterall…

Yeah just go get the 7hz Salnotes Zero instead, since it is just a killer for the budget, the tuning, the fit, the technicalities and most of all the detachable cable is what makes it one of the best for the budget. I suggest you getting a separate mic instead, like getting the Sony ECM-LV1 as your mic separated from your IEMs.

You’re probably missing some mid bass for music like Muse.

Same here though after 6 months. Pretty disappointed but not because of the low price paid, but because I was liking the relaxed tuning for listening in bed at night :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

This is not very inspiring…