Moondrop-KXXS (Kanas Pro Replacment?)

might be more of a sidegrade as they should sound almost completely different

What was that IEM they made? I can’t quite…

Just for ~$80 more

U mean the kxxs?

No, the oh10, which also lands at $190-200
https://penonaudio.com/ikko-oh10.html

If you want a more v-shaped sound then the oh10 should be a good upgrade over the starfield.

1 Like

Zeos is a dick.

He said to go to drop and say it, but I thought I would here to. All in fun. Z put out his impressions a bit later than he wanted to. See his new video.

Any other thoughts lol?

1 Like

sounds like Z said something Gibby took personally, LoL!

It seems that Moondrop is doubling down on the idea the KXXS is still worth while by releasing a black edition with Drop at $180. They’re calling the it KXXX. And they didn’t even lower the price lol.

https://drop.com/buy/moondrop-kxxx-iem

Personally I think a glossy black would have looked better.

1 Like

Oh and here’s the new box art XD

1 Like

Box art looks sweet, but after reading through this thread I don’t think I can be convinced to get these over something like the Starfields… which I am kind of interested in since I don’t own any iems.

1 Like

Moondrop kxxs or the oh10 by ikko?

If you got a pair of kxxs, and an ifi zen can amplifier, try plug your kxxs in and turn on the 3D button (do not turn on the XBass).

My god it stretches all the sound further away (if the original instruments sound like 10cm all the way to 1m away from you, now they sound like 15cm to 3m away, providing a more surround head experience rather in-head experience. 3D button does a little bit of that on different sets of IEMs in my small personal collection, but kxxs got the biggest and best benefits from it); without affecting the imaging (maybe a tiny little bit but it definitely isn’t bad, instead it sounds laid back and pleasant); improves the separation; and takes the “over warm” signature from the kxxs a little bit (still a bit warm but not over warm as the original kxxs, I much prefer the signature now).

Apart from imaging, I don’t think the magical 3D button adds anything bad to the kxxs (unlike it some times does on my other sets of IEMs), while it brings many benefits to kxxs. So I think ifi zen can 3D mode is a really good combination with kxxs. Now my kxxs sounds like it worth at least 50% more than it worth before.