Moondrop-KXXS (Kanas Pro Replacment?)

Hey everyone, drawing attention to the potential replacement for the Kanas Pro at 10$ more expensive. This is at the same price as the brand new Ikko OH10(190$) as well. Its good glorious packaging as well but looks similar to the Kanas Pro.

Non-affiliated Amazon link for more information:: https://www.amazon.com/Moondrop-Flagship-Diamond-Like-Carbon-Earphone-Detachable/dp/B07RHZ9W45/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=kxxs+moondrop&qid=1562222025&s=electronics&sr=1-2

I recently got a pair of these. It’s a very nice IEM. The bass has good impact and the entire sound is comfortable. You could listen to music for a while without fatigue with these. While not having as much detail as something like the P1 it doesn’t seem to leave you wanting more. The sound is V shaped and the treble is not sibilant.

I think Zeos will approve of the art on the box.

Yes but he would give out about the cable. It retains curves and is hard to straighten out. In other words it’s janky.

I personally also liked the cable on the kanas pro better imo. But the kxxs had the better sound

What is the difference in sound between the two?

The kxxs is more refined in the sound signature with slightly more detail. Similar but the kanas pro is warmer and a bit more bloated

1 Like

Do these need an amp? Was thinking of getting these but only going to drive them with my Fiio BTR3.

New Zeos Vid

Did anyone get these? Are they that good? Or is Zeos just being Zeos?

get starfield instead and save 40%. Cant believe he hyped them so much.

3 Likes

Yeah, hearing the starfield and the kxxs side by side, they pretty damn close with not really any large difference lol, I don’t see a reason to grab the kxxs anymore

2 Likes

you most likely wont be able to tell the difference in sound without direct A/B. (probably, I dont have the starfield only the KXXS)

I would agree, you could honestly just tell people it’s the same iem with a different finish and cable

1 Like

He said he couldn’t find his Starfield’s which is presumably why he didn’t do a side by side comparison. See 7:45. He also mentions the Starfield’s sound a bit more neutral.

I do like like the chrome finish though. If I could get them at $150, I might get them anyway.
Oh and the box art is also a win LOL

1 Like

I would bet that the box art and marketing earns them more sales than they thing for most moondrop products lol

1 Like

im in this category too lol.

just look at all the anime faceplates they have with the Blessing 2.
https://twitter.com/moondroplab?lang=en

Looking forward for their 2 new iems called SSR and a unnamed one with warmer tuning.

The blessing 2 was impressive for the price from my experience, pretty nice, didn’t know they had face plates for them though

yeah when I ordered them there wasnt any other face plate options…makes me quite sad as I would have loved to get them.

does cost 30 usd more but worht it for me.

Would you consider the oh10 to be a decent upgrade to the starfield?

Honestly I would say it’s a sidegrade slight upgrade imo, different signatures and sonic goals, I do like both