Moondrop SSP- The Pulse

Hello, I didn’t see a dedicated listing for the SSP. Here are some pics and thoughts:

Not a bad piece of kit. It is very small, hopefully that comes through in the pics. I don’t know if it warrants a full evaluation due to price and performance, but here goes on some basics. Bass is good, slightly bloated, but its overall well controlled with good punch. The detail is good until you get to under 50hz I’d say where the sub bass almost cant keep up on the long driver throw etc. Its a V shaped iem for the mids, which I’m good with on this one. Vocal clarity is good and while it can get hot at times is kinda nice due to the forward depth to the stage. Lower mids do have some suck out because of the pina gain IMO. Upper Treble seems rolled off and can be noticed on cymbals. To summarize initials are fun and kinda cool on the staging, Isn’t fatiguing, and is convenient/comfortable. Oh and it does punch, kinda impressed by that.

I will try tip rolling to even it out some and see if it has some more secrets. I think its not bad, but blon 03 exists so trade offs either way imo.

3 Likes

I am shocked the SSP doesn’t get more love. I wasn’t totally sold on the Blon-03, they always seemed a bit too muddy to my ear, weren’t very comfortable, and replacement cables, which they needed, required sanding to fit.

The SSP was a slightly more laid back version on the sound signature, think Harmon with some extra bass. The detail is good, but the sound stage isn’t the widest. They are as comfy as any IEM I have ever worn, since they are so small. While the stock cable is pretty thin, it works fine, and they are standard 2 pin.

These are my standard take with me pair, and what I use for walking, running, riding the train, etc. They are comfy and stay put even during exercise. If I damage / lose a pair, they aren’t expensive.

The Moondrop Aria is my primary music IEM, and are great, and the current under $100 pick for many for a reason.

The SSP isn’t the Aria, but in the under $50, I think the SSP should be on a short list with the Tin T2.

2 Likes