šŸ”¶ MoonDrop Variations

I bought M size, coming in tomorrow. Iā€™ll try them and let u know

2 Likes

It just did the same for me. I love the Variations and love it even more now that it is this comfortable and the seal and just everything is perfect. Had a wonderful time listening to music this morning.

Thank you for the rec @TkSilver sorry I was to much of an idiot not to realize I didnā€™t own them yet! DOH!

3 Likes

Agreed. The nozzle size is huge but itā€™s meant to fit the Variations perfectly and that huge nozzle it has.

I just ordered another set of medium for my other Moondrops and I ordered a pair of small. Usually small do not fit me but these are so large and long, small might just do the trick. I donā€™t think anyone would need large unless theyā€™re a giant! lol

I only got mediums since the didnā€™t have a variety pack and a medium would tell me if I needed s/m/l easier the picking a small or large would.

2 Likes

Medium usually work for me unless the IEM has a short nozzle then large it is!

1 Like

So iā€™ve been messing around with tips on Varā€¦ Donā€™t you guys hear a decrease in stage when you use spinfits?

Not really with the 155, it might be slightly changing the shape of the staging a bit but not really decreasing it. (At least not in a noticeable way for me)

1 Like

I donā€™t but I use Spinfits all the time. Spinfits give you a better seal than just about any other tip out there. Iā€™m wondering if the ā€œsoundstageā€ youā€™re describing is your tips allowing your inner ear to breath a bit more than Spinfits allow for?

1 Like

To me, wide bores increase SS. But I think it also depends from ears to ears, because of the resonance peaks etc.

Just curious since for me SF drop SS. Iā€™m testing something. Iā€™m kinda shocked tbhā€¦

The CP 155 really are great on the Variations.

That being said, if you guys can: try them on the Blessing 2, OG or Dusk. Fit, comfort and sound are all improved. They really match so well with the shape of the B2 / Variations.

Just ordered more to outfit all of my Moondrop hybrids. They really are the perfect tips for that Moondrop nozzle.

2 Likes

Thanks @Resolution @Rikudou_Goku @nymz

Now is wait to my Variations come

4 Likes

2 Likes

Just received mine. Yeah, CP155 seem to be a better fit and slight better sound for my ears, but need to do more A/B testing.

So far, better.

2 Likes

So a friend of mine is lending me his Variations for me to try it out this coming week. Iā€™m lending him my FD5 since he never heard a Fiio iem properly so weā€™re kinda trading to get a sense of our preferred sound for a month.

I would like to ask @Resolution or maybe others on tips, will the CP100+ (M) be able to fit the Variations or will it be a struggle fit on the nozzle? I do have the CP145 (M) and (S) size with me ready to use just in case. My friend only uses stock tips so I wasnā€™t able to get his opinion on it. Thanks!

2 Likes

I donā€™t own the Variations, but these posts might help you:

4 Likes

Personally, I prefer 145 to 100 on Variations, and it will also fit better on that noozle. You should be fine.

Prepare to be shoked. Itā€™s a hell of a difference to come from fd5 to Variations. Your brain might need some time to process. Itā€™s a completly different tuning.

Enjoy the ride :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ll just roll tip the cp145 since I have 2 different sizes.

IKR @nymz I havenā€™t been using my FD5 much after getting the Mele, so Iā€™m looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Huuuuuumm yeah, that makes sense. Variations is also different than Mele, but closer compared to fd5 (less bass enphasis).

You gonna love it. In fact, they pair really well imo (Var+Mele)

Hope they fit you. Variations is a monster in size compared to those two.

2 Likes

CP 155 is best match with variations as itā€™s seems tailored for this iem
Sound and comfort wise is like towards the end game.
Complete with a PW Audio 28 copper v2 will make this iem a beast

2 Likes