šŸ”¶ MoonDrop Variations

The Mangird Tea could be anyoneā€™s endgame. I prefer it to the Blessing 2 because of its sub bass emphasis and smoother/more relaxed treble.

Iā€™d be looking at a tribrid if I were you. Iā€™d completely skip the B2 & Dusk if you already own the Mangird Tea.

4 Likes

A nice one:

2 Likes

Just a heads up for anyone considering buying the variations, the faceplate came loose and the 2 pin plug started falling out of my right earpiece after only a month. The warranty card that comes in the package says they do not cover ā€œdeformed shellsā€ or ā€œdamaged plugsā€ so looks like I may be fucked. $520 down the drain. For what itā€™s worth they sound amazing, probably my favorite out of any Iā€™ve tried before they fell apart lol

4 Likes

Is the faceplate completely off? Iā€™d try a little superglue. Where are you storing it? I have the Blessing 2, Blessing 2 Dusk and the Variations and I have no issues with any of them, but all my IEMs are stored in a controlled environment. The 2 pin connectors were extremely tight just like any other 2 pin IEM Iā€™ve owned. Maybe even tighter. I am using after market cables on all of my Moondrops.

Sorry to hear youā€™re having issues. If you purchased from Apos, they usually have warrantyā€™s past the manufacturer. Might be worth a shot asking them if they could help if you canā€™t resolve the issues yourself?

1 Like

The face plate was starting to come off a little in normal use. The 2 pin connector popped out and the faceplate came almost all the way off when I tried to unplug the stock cable to switch to a kbear cable. I actually got the connector back in place and the faceplate back on but the connector is really loose and wiggles around like crazy. Probably just gonna get worse now.

I had blessing 2 og, dusk, and s8 and didnā€™t have problems with any of them, switched cables on all of them too. I store the variations in the case they came with. Just bad luck I guess. I bought them from headphones.com, and their policy seems to be ā€œcontact the manufacturerā€ while moondropā€™s policy says ā€œcontact the sellerā€ lol. Guess Iā€™m just waiting to contact both on Monday now

3 Likes

I can take the face plate off pretty easily now and i think I can tell what went wrong. Thereā€™s a faint rectangle on the back of the faceplate right above the connector, and I think there must have been some kind of glue/adhesive holding both in place. And maybe there wasnā€™t enough. Think I might try to glue it myself, but I donā€™t know what type of superglue to use and I donā€™t want to fuck it up even worse lol. It still sounds fine though

1 Like

I thought you meant just the 2 pin connector being loose and the cable sliding out of it. Not the entire internal 2 pin housing inside the IEM coming loose. Iā€™d return that immediately. Sorry bro.

1 Like

I ended up using just a tiny bit of super glue to secure the 2 pin housing and the faceplate and that did the trick. Iā€™ll stop hogging the thread now haha

1 Like

If anyone is a fan of classic rock/general 60ā€™s 70ā€™s music Here are a few tracks I found amazing with the Variations

The vocals on this track are just incredible with the Variations

Another classic that is just amazing with the Variationā€™s tuning

4 Likes
3 Likes

That intro was super nice šŸ¤Œ

My blessings 2D faceplate broke off and i thought they might have learned and wanted to upgrade because i really like the sound. But wonā€™t do it after i see they still canā€™t build IEMs

1 Like

Just pulled the trigger for the Variationsā€¦ Got a deal at Aliexpress and got them for 450usd.

Coming from the Teas, I hope itā€™s a good upgrade!

Did I got robed 20 mins ago? Lol

4 Likes

LOL

Used a coupon to get that price and the Sales at Aliexpress.

What store did you get it?

Not that I care since I wanted l&pw2 and free dhl, but now im curious. When i checked, they werent in promo

SA Audio Store
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m07fhsx

Dont know the store, too big bucks. Rikudou_Goku recs hifigo and they treated me excelently, so all good.

1 Like

You used the wrong coupon code I think. When ordering more than $400 HIFIGOYM15 should give $15 off.

I used the coupon they gave me. It was 5 am :rofl:

1 Like