More Headphone advice

So, straight to the point. Technical question is in your opinion what open back headphone in the $350 range,used still counts… theres many headphones in the $600 range that I have seen go for the $300 ranges, responds the best to large leather pads and maintains a wide sound stage, warm sound signature, and accurate imaging. It got me wondering as I sat with my aeons what other headphones stand up against these as this is like the only headphone so far that I have worn that makes good use of leather pads despite being an open back.

I suppose I will add a second question to this as well. I am currently in the market for a really good closed back as well so the above question can go for this as well since I prefer very soft leather padding on my closed backs either really deep and thick or more shallow padding kind of like the sennheiser Game Zero or hyperx clouds. The issue I have with closed backs is they mainly have a very intimate sound stage i havent really sat down with one that feels very open despite being a closed back outside of maybe the 177x beyers. I wanted to add one of these because I do go out and about on trips or lan parties and stuff like that, plus closed backs tend to be better for when I want to listen to a movie without disturbances and full immersion. Needless to say though I am definitely not a fan of very intimate soundstage headphones. I suppose itd be the same price bracket

Maybe you should like into the bassy wood cup headphones? The Fostex-EMU-Denon’s They are similar but the Fostex are more fun/existing the Denons are more natural neutral and the EMU’s are in between from what i hear. The Drop made Fostex’s. the TR-X00’s are no longer sold and you’d have to find them used.

I have considered fostex but anytime I look into them they are like way over $800. If I could find some for much lower I would definitely consider it as I love that wood design. I am trying to keep myself from spending too much ya know? This hobby really does drain the wallet so I tend to try to keep the price range at around the $350 margin to avoid spending too much. The only other wood design I have truly considered but its a hell of a gamble was the Verum ones

I think you can get the TR-X00’s used or 300-400$

Won’t be as wide but maybe argon mk3’s might be up for consideration comes stock with big leather pads fun sound sig wide for being semi openback decent imaging quality as well. I haven’t tried the eon though or argon’s for that matter I’m just saying this with my experience with other t50 mods like the blue and t60rp

I will take a look later on that.

I have considered these honestly but wasn’t to sure. These are another case of the whole no return policy try at your own risk sort of ordeal as far as I am aware which makes me hesitant on purchasing due to me just being overly picky. I will look a bit more into them later on though just to be on the safe side.

Well, so far all I have heard is fostex as a recommendation. Is there really anything else? Goes without saying that I haven’t really made use of many headphones that use the leather pads as far as open back is concerned and as far as closed back the only good headphones with sheepskin padding were the beyer 770s/1770s/177x’s and a whole ton of gamer headsets. So, I am definitely open to recommendations. I do actually really like the x2 fidelios wide warm sound so I am currently looking towards the x3 whenever it comes out but that doesn’t have a leather pad nor do I think its good with them but I don’t know. I did like the 177x’s sound but I feel I would need to change the pads to some sort of perforation to add a bit more breathability to the headphone as big deep leather like that tends to put a bit too much heat I don’t mind changing pads though if need be it really just depends on how the headphone responds to those new pads.