More songs like these?

I really don’t know how to characterize these other than the audible sound I make listening to them.

These songs from Radiohead and Tinariwen make me go ‘mMMH’

It seems like an interesting middle-ground between post-rock; something like this from pg.lost, which is less of a ‘mMMH’ and more of a ‘mmmmh’…

…and mississippi blues from someone like Lightnin’ Hopkins, though this creates more of an ‘oh lawd’

Any thoughts?
1 Like

If you’ve not heard this album then I reckon you’ll like it?

4 Likes

I’ve had this CD for 30 years, it’s great!

1 Like

I’m sorry if this is a little off-topic but the very first note played on that 2nd song instantly made me remember a song I know and when playing the first note of that song, it’s the exact same but just tuned up. Only the intro if even that would actually fit your criteria though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqEfY0MxAsM

1 Like

No, you’re spot on.
Ohio is for Lovers by Hawthorne Heights was the first song to make me realise how important the very first 20 seconds of a song really is. Though, with the exception of most of the Lightnin Hopkins stuff, the songs I mentioned mostly stay the same all the way through.
I just like that beginning bit of energy you get from a slow and powerful beginning, like Hell to Pay