Most comfortable headphones for extended use

LOL!

Be careful, once u spend that pile of cash its over!!

If you buy, buy from someone that will allow you to return them!!!

Good Luck!

I find the egg shaped Hifiman (such as Arya) very comfortable but if we are talking purely comfort… Koss.

ATH-AD500x are pretty comfortable for me.
Their design limits them to a certain headsize and shape though.

1 Like

been kinda curious what others would say about this thread… as Honestly I find the sennheisers to be extremely uncomfortable to me since I have larger ears… the pads are so small and far too oval that they do not properly fit my ears not to mention the skull crushing head clamp for someone with a larger head is unbearable… I love the sennheisers and their sound but they definitely aren’t the most comfortable…

If anything id say… The original DT beyers like DT 770 there with its beveled pads and yes the Dan Clarks were probably the most comfortable that I sat with… oh and zeus was extremely comfortable too, wouldve love to have an extra set of those pads found on the zeus. I personally just wish Aeons were a bit more breathable as my ears get rather hot with them after a while as far as most comfortable high end… probably a toss up between Dan Clark and the HD800S for me so far

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to find out why the Zeus are uncomfortable for me, and I think it’s down to the clamp force. The earpads are great, but the top and mostly bottom of my ear are touched by the driver and the clamp force makes it so much worse. I’ve tried pretty much every position on my head to make them comfortable. Weird thing is, I was wearing them comfortably recently, but now it seems they hurt my ears after a few minutes.

Maybe I can bend the headband, but I don’t wanna break the plastic.

They are clamp heavy at first, but easy to fix by stretching the hell out of them lol however, if you stretch them too much they lose some bass from the lack of clamp. Stretch it over a box or something and leave it there to adjust and hold for like a few days… pads are great though lol

1 Like

I have them stretched over my desk speakers rn.

I think they do sell Zeus pads by themselves

1 Like

I haven’t bothered to check that… do they? gonna go look, I will absolutely buy another set as they fit the beyers too I think maybe even some of the audio technicas

EDIT: YES… YES THEY DO… HarmonicDyne Zeus holy shit, I asked them to sell these when I had them… No idea this was put up. thats a buy.

2 Likes

KSC75s on a PE or Retrospect headband. Ultimate comfort, beautiful sound.

This is an interesting thread. Head shape is a major factor in determining these kinds of things, I think. For me I think the Sundara is the most comfortable set I own. I prefer suspension type head bands, which the Sundara has, and my ears fit perfectly inside the ear cups. I can wear them as long as I please.

The Senn 660S is a very close second. They are so light you hardly feel them on. Again, I can wear these as long as I wish.

3 Likes

KPH30i with Grado pads are ridiculously comfortable, I feel like I can use them all day no issue. Sounds pretty dang great as well

1 Like

The SIVGA robin SV201 is probably the most comfortable headphone I have, the pads are like soft leather marshmallows

For higher end cans, I find the Aeon open x and the Hifiman Arya really comfortable

1 Like

Appreciate all the replies ‘u’

1 Like

I was a huge fan of Sennheiser’s earbuds so I purchased Sennheiser’s 5 from amazon and I received defective ones. I was really disappointed but fortunately, I can easily return as per Amazon return policy. I returned those immediately and ordered new ones. Thanks to amazon’s return policy.
By the way, I would definitely recommend them.

I use HD650 all day at work, very comfortable.
And DCA 2C in the evenings, again very comfortable.
Both work for long sessions on my head.

Hifiman Edition XS, or likely any of the egg shaped Hifimans. I wear them for full workdays (usually listening to music when not on calls) and then some two or more days a week, plus numerous hours in the evenings after I get home if I’m on the PC.

ADX 5000
Meze Empys

The 5000 is the only Audio Technica I’ve ever truly liked and I wish I never got rid of it. Still to date by far the best dynamic driver headphones I’ve ever owned.

1 Like