Most detailed headphone under 2000$

I think the final headphones with top tier detail are out of this price range

The verite is pretty dang detailed too in this price range

1 Like

Is it a phi or just regular?

Theres a Abyss Diana selling right now for 1800$ Is it more detailed than the HEDDphone??

its regular. theres a v2 for 2000$ there

I think if you can’t find a phi, the hedd would be more resolving imo. The Diana phi is a bit more resolving than the heddphone imo, but the hedd is more resolving than the other diana

1 Like

You should make a chart for that lol. Or an inequality.

If you want detail you should try professional monitoring headphones, but they may not be the nicest for audiophile listening. I have a pair of Adam SP-5 headphones, details are outstanding but you can see what Z thought of them in his review.

So i assume the Abyss 1266 headphones would be the most detailed of this recommended bunch?

Well I mean that’s outside this price range though

They’re not out yet but doesnt the heddphone fall into this category?

They are out aval for purchase (if you want some brief impressions I did some in the heddphone thread), also I mentioned that above :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah I just saw the post.
Sorry lol

@Antpage2, i hope you enjoy your Auteur’s, I certainly enjoy mine for what they are but i also Willingly paid for the craftsmanship and quality of the wood which i know you don’t like to usually splurge for.

These headphones along with some others have “scratched my itch”. By getting multiple complimentary HP’s at all different price points along w/ multiple amplifiers, DAC’s and other pieces i have managed to set myself up with enough kit to give me variety for a long time. I have already asked Mon a similar question but our thinking is along the same path, what can possibly come next and just how much will i have to spend to get it. I have no desire to replicate similar sound signatures w/ only small increments of improvement. Whatever i get next better “wow” and impress me and i’m willing to pay for the experience.
Good luck in your hunt, I’m curious to see what you come up with next to try and your impressions of the Auteur. I honestly don’t know what will be next but I’m finally satiated enough that i can move in different directions without nickel and diming it.

Thanks Nick. Yeah im still looking and curious. Ive tried the best in in all ranges from 30$ to just under 1000$ Now im in the 1000$ range. I got to try the Aeolus. now the Auteur. I’m gonna try the Arya next. Dont want to try the HD800. would like to try the LCDX but im worried about the Audeze dark house sound. From what i hear of the Klipsch HP3 its not my thing.

I’m very curious about the Heddphone but i dont like what Mon is saying about the imaging and soundstage and spatial recreation. I’m used to the Elex witch does that well. so i think like him i’ll wait for them to come out with a better headphone. DCA has a dark sound i hear. The ADX5000 sounds interesting though i’ll want to get new pads if i get a used one.

I’m very interested in the Abyss stuff. So that might be the ultimate direction i go in. I used to want a STAX but it sounds like a headphone that sacrifices a lot for detail and speed, besides i’m worried about the fragility of the drivers. I already have a problem with my 95x. I want a headphone that can do everything well like my Elex.

1 Like

The Beats Studio are amazing for detail. They literally have ‘studio’ in the name. Why buy anything else?

4 Likes

Too expensive

Lol they literally got worse over time ironically but their cheap budget stuff is getting better. You never know with the amount of cash they make they might actually make something insane at its price point.

The LCD x is brighter than other audeze which is good but still not something I would say would be bright

Sounds good, those are pretty impressive

I will say they are very detailed for the price, but not the most refined out there, and spatial recreation is just ok imo, it’s not bad, but I don’t think I would call it good for the price either, but you get lots of resolving capability and speed with it. I would take them over stax in this price range though if my focus was detail

It’s more neutral, but I don’t know if I would say it’s dark

It’s a pretty well done brighter neutral detail oriented signature, pretty accurate, but lacks low end oomph, although on a tube it balances out

If you look around, there is a chance you can find a Diana phi around 2.5k used, but they don’t pop up that often

Right now there is a 1266 for 2.5k, but it’s the first generation with no upgrades so IDK if you would be interested in that

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174155241534

There is a Diana v2 for 2 grand which I love but it trades some detail for a more enjoyable signature, the phi are the detail hogs (for both the Diana and 1266)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303444231510

All their headphones besides the Beats Pro are wireless and noise canceling. So that disqualifies them from the best. They have a special Billie Eilish branded edition. With Eilish on the cover looking world weary. Shes 18.

The Beats Pro is 400$ Supposed to be for the studio. You can only buy it on Apple. And i havent heard anything about them in the audiophile world. Anyone heard these? any good?

1 Like