Hi everyone. First of all I have to say that this place has been really helpful so far and thanks. However I got unlucky with my mic setup and because this seems a bit more of a particular case I decided to check with you guys before aiming for something else.
It’s easier to go with bulletin points, so…
- My 3.5mm port is screwed so my Modmic kept getting disconnected randomly (annoying in games);
- Decided to try and go for a Focusrite solo 3rd gen + modmic xlr adapter (with the intention of looking at a proper Dynamic Mic later on);
- Had crackling/static noise and other issues and kept trying to solve them. Managed to improve it but could not remove it entirely, and some days it was quite annoying;
- I thought at some point the issue was with the modmic cable itself but today I noticed that simply touching the focusrite would help. Google seems to point at ground loop/electrical issues;
- I already started the process to return the scarlett+modmic adapter and currently looking at other options that allow me to stash the modmic only for emergencies (really annoying to use with multiple headphones);
- It seems that the Samson Q2U is an alternative that pops around here which does not rely on an interface, and being dynamic it should acoustically fit without much trouble;
So my concern now is, considering my issues so far, is the Samson Q2U the right fit for me? Is there a better alternative that doesn’t put me >£150 behind? I’m willing to try and experiment as long as something is on amazon.co.uk or has a good return policy for someone in the uk, even if it’s just for Discord/Slack and other video conference software.
Once again thanks,apologies for the long first post, but I made an effort of trying to cover as much as possible right at the start