Multiple DACs simultaneously

Hi all,

I was wondering how reviewers like Zeos manage to get multiple audio devices to output at the same time. Let’s say I want to compare two USB DAC/amp combo’s, it would be easy to have them both connected and then just unplug the cable and move it to the other system while the music keeps playing.

could be… but i see in some reviews he often has the 2 dac/amps put into 2 different devices

He was using an optical splitter to feed all the dacs optical

You can have multiple usb audio outputs at once but it would most likely need asio

I was wondering about connectivity actually for my pc build. I’ve been looking to a pcie card that gives multiple outputs other than just the usual spdif, optical and usb as a²s seems like a viable connection for a dac I want

If you can use i2s that would be pretty nice

Once the production runs end I’m gonna try and order a denafrips terminator which has multiple i²s protocols on the back

It’s pretty sweet, also imo look at the holo may kte (something I prefer over the terminator, but doesn’t have multiple i2s)

Seems like a bit of a hassle/expensive for a temporary comparison set-up. I’ll just have to switch the output the device when transferring the cable through the settings :weary:
#firstworldproblems :upside_down_face:

If you use foobar2k you can set up keyboard shortcuts to switch the outputs which can be nice and easy

1 Like

Speaking of kitsune for that I was actually looking at this

I don’t have experience with it but have heard it’s a solid psu upgrade in it over stock

Yeah. It’s either this or the the matrix audio element h or something are the only things I can find atm