Music Documentaries

1 Like

This is a must see; 1959, the Year that Changed Jazz

2 Likes
1 Like

Great. What a great thread.

I started watching the Bob Marley - Capitol Session '73 documentary. Great watch that puts in the heart of the iconic live session.

1 Like

I watched this really good documentary last night. As a result, the album will be in my queue tonight!

1 Like

If you are looking for a really good documentary to watch on Netflix I suggest: Clive Davis: The Soundtrack Of Our Lives

I don’t know how I never watched this one…It is really well done…It is amazing how big his footprint in the music world is…I really enjoyed it

2 Likes

Really interested to what it. Thanks for the rec

1 Like

Watched “Zappa” the other day. Not been that into Zappa, but i do listen to him from time to time. I find some of his stuff is really good, and some i don’t really get into.

Watching the documentary i got to know a fair bit more about the man and his work. He was an interesting and genuine man that had a real love for his art, and couldn’t really be bothered to conform to the music industry or society “standards”. Or at least, that was the impression i got.

Reccomended watch, at least if you (like me) have some knowledge about him and his music, but no need to be a huge fan to find it interesting.

1 Like

Watched a really good “American Masters” series documentary with my Wife on PBS about Patsy Cline Saturday afternoon. Boy, talk about a woman up against “The Good Ol’ Boys Club” of the country music industry back in the day. Such a tragic loss. 4 souls were lost in that crash: Patsy Cline, Cowboy Copas, Hawkshaw Hawkins and the Pilot, Randy Hughes.

Loved watching this as I really enjoy anything that Daiki Tsuneta has done

:crossed_fingers: This will finally see the light of day?..

Watched Summer of Soul last night. Really good. It was covering a six week series of concerts under the umbrella of Harlem Cultural Festival. It was going on at the same time as Woodstock, so I never heard of it. And probably the same with most non-black/brown people. Only complaint is that I wish it had more music and less commentary. I know it was culturally important, but I would have loved to hear more from Mavis Staples, Sly and the Family Stone, Stevie Wonder and Gladys Knight and the Pups.

It was a Fast two hours!

2 Likes