Music Master Headphones

those are speaker baskets…18" headphones might be a bit much :wink:

1 Like

Just ordered a pair of e1000i, should arrive next week or so. Anticipation is high. Currently i have gl2000 and have tried focal clears but sold them because planar bass is just too good. topping e30 + a90 setup otherwice.

1 Like

Okay so i got them just moment ago, need more time with these but:

Soundstage is much wider than in GL2000, and these are also clearer. On A/B testing GL feels like closed back compared to this ( i still like GL) and slightly muffled.
Deadmau5 Bridged by a lightwave has Kieza singing some S: sses, and those sound slightly too bright to my taste on e1000i , and are more controlled on the GL. Bass is more controlled, and there is less of it in MM. Those rumbling bass sequences sound better on GL as the feel like the rumbling is in your head, and the MM plays those outside of your head.

Tool 7empest is much better on MM, i think due imaging, mostly noticable in the beginning when singer sings “behind” the instruments. Also at 4.10 drumsolo in musicmaster you can hear the fast drums clearer than w GL.

Comfort: Im used to heavy headphones and pads are soft and evenly distribute the weight. Soft pads makes this feel slightly more comfy than GL, but not that much.

Now for a final comparison between ADX5000 and e1000i both in the 2000e range.
ADX5000 is more revealing and has better imaging. I can hear new things from songs with ADX, or those bring stuff up more, i can hear the same details in e1000i but not as pronounced.
ADX needs tubes, e1000i not. Comfort goes to ADX 5000 as it is lighter.
Now for the not so clear part: These headphones trade blows when it comes to music enjoyment, and here is a list of songs that sound better on the

e1000i:
Deadmau5 - HR 8938 Cephei
Hans Zimmer - Time
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Lara Loft feat. Thomas Krüger (piano is better on ADX)
Adele - Oh My God
Johnny Cash - Hurt (this is exeption, guitars are better on ADX, but Johnnys voice on these)
Dj Goja x Vanessa Campagna - Save Me (SOS)

and these sound better with ADX5000:

Moby - 'Extreme Ways
Infected Mushroom- The Legend of the Black Shawarma
Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side Of Heaven
Gaming
Deadmau5 - Hyperlandia (feat. Foster The People) [Club Mix]

ADX is faster and more energetic, and exceeds in fast dynamic punch, guitars drums and fast bass is better on these. e1000i is more laid back and has speaker like qualities, bringing more emotion vocals and instruments and slow bass. Cephei is a good example of slow bass, on ADX this sounds anemic, e1000i has a feeling of greatness and makes one feel small in front of this song, same with Zimmer. On The Legend of the Black Shawarma e1000i just cant keep up to ADX speed and in comparison sounds slow, and slightly mushy.

In general i prefer e1000i in trance, instrumental and vocal songs, ADX5000 with guitar and fast paced music with slam.
I prefer ADX5000 more, as it works for gaming also, but when i want to enjoy music i pick e1000i from my stand, lay back on my chair and get lost in the music.